The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sobek - Why?

GM_Whale

He's probably a Goa'uld who was one of the founders of the Grineer...

What? DE can rip off the Glaive (which is a misnomer if ever their was one) from Krull, but I explain away stuff with Stargate crossovers and people look at me all funny?

Edited by Saenol

Well I think they just did it cos of Dark Sector lol... As far as what they were thinking back then ... well who knows haha

There was a Sobek in Dark Sector?

Or do you mean the Glaive? Cause the Glaive is from Krull, which is about 25 years older than Dark Sector.

There was a Sobek in Dark Sector?

Or do you mean the Glaive? Cause the Glaive is from Krull, which is about 25 years older than Dark Sector.

No, no i mean continuing the trend of Dark Sector weapon just to kind of bring up an old memory....

And what is wrong if someone on the design or dev team or w/e really like that? They wanted to bring it to their game because it was something they enjoyed and others might too? It probably wasn't a rip off. You can't just think so negatively haha

Pls dont start krull glaive. Oversized blade made for throwing isnt a glaive, end of story.

We all know that a glaive is a knife on a stick polearm, but the Glaive is a giant magical returning shuriken type thing from the 1983 film Krull.

What's wrong with it being named after an Egyptian God?

We have Excalibur, a European sword. Gram is a Celtic sword. Paris is a city. Sarin (Saryn) is a deadly neurotoxin. Kestrel is a genus of Falcons. The Manitcore is a legendary creature. Sicarius (Sicarus) is a type of spider or word for assassin.

I welcome our new found ethnic diversity.

Pretty sure a far future interplanetary culture will not be of any ethnicity we'd recognize, as well as incorporating elements from a multitude of historical ones.

I don't think anyone was complaining about the name, just expressing curiosity as to it's origins regarding in-game lore.

It probably wasn't a rip off. You can't just think so negatively haha

I wasn't implying anything negative, but the Glaive in Dark Sector and Warframe is blatantly copied from Krull.