Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Struggling to find a point of balance between Iron Skin and Stomp

Derodoro

Question

zcB1B0A.jpg

This is what Im currently running (and Im rather satisfied with it), but as the thread title says Im still not entirely sure on how to split the build focus between Iron Skin and Stomp.

Before I get hate for Stand United I run Arcane Energize and Zenurik so I dont really care too much about Energy Siphon and I'd never bring Rhino to a 4CP run.

4 answers to this question

So you're doing Ironclad Charge to super-maximize your armor, then Iron Skin (and Roar?) then kaboom with Iron Shrapnel.

Neat. What kind of damage are you getting out of that combo in T3 sorties?

I want to try this. Do you die a lot when you lose Iron Skin to go kaboom?

R5 Blind Rage is costing you two slots to get 54% power strength while keeping 100% efficiency with Streamline. I'm also a fan of 100% efficiency since it makes all your power costs line up with power globe amounts. That's not a good return for two slots though IMO. I'd probably swap Blind Rage for Intensify and swap Streamline for Energy Conversion. That'd be +80% if you've got a globe picked up. I use a sentinel with Vacuum though, if you've got a pet that might add a bunch of running around to pick up globes between powers.

If there's a Nekros around or some such source of health globes, I'd drop Intensify/Blind Rage for Health Conversion as well, since you've got to be getting tagged sometimes when you let off Iron Shrapnel.

Edited by VKhaun

6 hours ago, VKhaun said:

So you're doing Ironclad Charge to super-maximize your armor, then Iron Skin (and Roar?) then kaboom with Iron Shrapnel.

Neat. What kind of damage are you getting out of that combo in T3 sorties?

I want to try this. Do you die a lot when you lose Iron Skin to go kaboom?

R5 Blind Rage is costing you two slots to get 54% power strength while keeping 100% efficiency with Streamline. I'm also a fan of 100% efficiency since it makes all your power costs line up with power globe amounts. That's not a good return for two slots though IMO. I'd probably swap Blind Rage for Intensify and swap Streamline for Energy Conversion. That'd be +80% if you've got a globe picked up. I use a sentinel with Vacuum though, if you've got a pet that might add a bunch of running around to pick up globes between powers.

If there's a Nekros around or some such source of health globes, I'd drop Intensify/Blind Rage for Health Conversion as well, since you've got to be getting tagged sometimes when you let off Iron Shrapnel.

I dont really blow myself up for damage. The reason I need Iron Shrapnel is so I can reset my Iron Skin if it gets too low without the risk of dying (it works like "damn I only have 20% Iron Skin left->Charge->Shrapnel->Iron Skin"). I know Energy Conversion and Intensify can give me up to 80% power strength but the issue is that since I always Charge before using Iron Skin to build more armor for a bigger absorption Energy Conversion would usually end up buffing my Charge rather than my Iron Skin (although buffing the Charge makes it so I get more bonus armor it isnt as consistent, what if Im not satisfied with the amount of enemies I hit and gotta find another energy globe before charging again, it gets clunky) or I would need to Charge->find a gobe->Iron Skin which is even clunkier.

EDIT: When/If we get shield gating I will be able to replace Iron Shrapnel with Intensify

Edited by Derodoro

Honestly I'd just use reinforcing stomp to replenish my iron skin. Nothing more satisfying then having low iron skin and running into a mob of enemies to use stomp, then be back at 100.

If you're going to such lengths to maintain your iron skin as you are. In the end it's probably not worth it.

Personally I ditch using charge at all for its clunky operation. Focus more on the other 3 skills. Gives more time and energy for stomping. Since stomping is what recharges your skin.

Edited by AzurePrower

If you're not using your current load as a nuke than you're doing it wrong. Here is my build. Iron Skin only requires the very first activation, after that the Stomp augment refills it. It's a great defense setup, Every 30 seconds Roar for team support and Stomp to refill IS. This build works until very high levels.Displaying IMG_0133.JPG