Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rethinking Primes

ZeroPhobic

I love U9, sure it has it's bugs as every update will, but overall I love it. One thing did hit me right in the gut though. Before we get into that let us go back a bit.

I started in the void like everyone else when it first hit and one of my first BP's was the Latron Prime, "Wow!" I thought "This will be awesome" long story short I just got the receiver drop last Monday... No big deal at least the hell of running hundreds of void missions for a one single drop is finally well and truly over.

Until U9, first BP I get this time is a Braton Prime. "Are you kidding!" I thought "What the f*** are the devs thinking, do they hate us?" Then I thought well, they might have learned from the old bp and made this like the regular weapon bp and allow us to make it with farmed materials, nope same as before: Barrel, f***ing receiver, and stock that I can waste hundreds of runs trying to get in the void. I hear there are "tons" of new weapons in the void too... really DE?

For a new warframe, I get it. Farm and grind for something that cool, but a gun with some gold trim and a bit boost on the stats... you guys are just spiteful. If we had a clear path to earn these, fine, no problem, but to grind endlessly for keys and then have random dumb luck award us for the hard work. It is time to rethink the void or at least how we are rewarded for the work for both getting there and making it through. I feel like that guy who buys a t-shirt from some vacation spot, "I went to _______ and all I got was this crappy t-shirt" with these void runs anymore.

I have offered a solution in an e-mail that Steve has still yet to read a month later. Give us two choices, same as a wave reward for the defense stuff. ____ mod OR continue on. Replace the continue on option with a second prize. Make sure the code will not allow two of the same to be offered and problem is head and shoulders better than the system now. At least we feel we have some control over this horrible void problem.

I know there are going to be people chiming in about how they ran three missions and got every thing the void offers, but this is to fix the problem that some (like me) have had to deal with for a whole update, and now they have chosen to continue the broken system, but this time with more junk to plow through to get the pieces you need.

DE please, pretty please with rainbow sprinkles and a cherry, fix the void rewards.

Kinda agree with you here, the drop pool is getting too large to get the things you want. One thing I was hoping for was maybe to make the missions harder but at the end have three different rewards or something to choose from, kind of like a pick-and-choose showcase. That way we could get what we want easier without endlessly running void all day looking for one piece of one blueprint.

My favourite part is that this new void stuff only uses the new void mission keys. Effectively rendering the rest of my keys completely useless for evermore and forcing me to grind yet again for new keys, in spite of how much I've already done? Insane.

Well, if it didn't use the new mission keys, we'd have an even bigger problem with finding receivers or anything else... for those of us without a Frost Prime BP or LP Receiver yet.

Sorta damned if you do, damned if you don't unless they implemented pick and choose.

My favourite part is that this new void stuff only uses the new void mission keys. Effectively rendering the rest of my keys completely useless for evermore and forcing me to grind yet again for new keys, in spite of how much I've already done? Insane.

I have clan mates in this boat, and I would have been too if I didn't have to endlessly grind every single key I came across to get one piece of a gun. New keys to farm for a new endless grind to get that last piece of whatever...

They are meant to be hard to get, they are PRIME afterall.

Hard is fine, bring on hard! I'll kick hard right in the junk and laugh. This isn't about how hard something is, it's about rewards or a pay off for the work you do. There needs to be a balance, if you got all your pieces in three runs and I got mine in 200+ is that hard or just silly? Did you work harder for yours or did I? We got the same reward, but I had to work "harder" does this start to clear this up for you?

Edited by ZeroPhobic

Hard is fine, bring on hard! I'll kick hard right in the junk and laugh. This isn't about how hard something is, it's about rewards or a pay off for the work you do. There needs to be a balance, if you got all your pieces in three runs and I got mine in 200+ is that hard or just silly? Did you work harder for yours or did I? We got the same reward, but I had to work "harder" does this start to clear this up for you?

I don't think anyone has gotten them in 3 runs, maybe 50 minimum to get everything for the L.Prime, even less for the R.Prime