Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura System Middle Ground Suggestion.

FrostWolf

I had once made a suggestion to give the artifacts and Mastery ranks more purpose and somewhat tie them together by adding a new equipment category.

I think right now would be a good time to give it another looksee

The Idea is very simple, When you create a Tenno, you are given your first Arcana/Artifact -it be a new equipment similar to the Sentinel-

"The Fool's Awakening" which would be  one Aura slot with no polarity, It would rank up based on the formula of "Warframe exp /2"

This being the basic Artifact, it is meant to give everybody the old Artifact set up feeling with it having more then enough MP for any one Aura mod.

Other Arcana/Artifacts would be acquired as you ranked up in mastery -akin to how Space Marines give their more precious items to warriors that prove themselves-

"The Lovers Warfare" at rank 4 would be  2 Aura slots with a Defensive and Offensive Polarities.

" The Chariots Rampage" at rank 7 would be 2 Aura slots but with only a Bar polarity to a slot.

"Wheel of Fate" at Rank 10 would be 4 Open slots.

Add new Arcana/Artifact every 3 ranks.

You could hide Artifacts in events or make very special circumstances to find the others without Ranking to have access to side grades.

Now the clear issue is how do you manage the problem of clearly having more MP then slots will ever need.

I think the simple answer is for the Lower artifacts to only be rank able to 15 perhaps not allowing for forma/ reactors on these lower ones until they break above 2 slots. or just not make them upgradable on the grounds their holy artifacts. IDK

The reason being that there wouldn't be much of an issue for one with 1 or 2 slots with polarities but once you reach three/four slots that 15 starts becoming a problem especially if they are open slots with no polarities. Higher -REAL high- level artifacts would have much higher ranks or generate more MP as they rank. there are a couple of ways to go about it.

Now I get the feeling that the Aura system was put in the way it was, with the notion that "We don't want to just give the players too much of a boost"

Which is fine, but you got rid of the boost people already had. Here, If they want a massive boost they have to rank for it if they just want the semblance of the old system, They can have that too.