Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Enemy Wave Types

Ghobe

So I know there's a lot of talk on difficulty right now. Personally I'm totally for the difficulty in the game right now, I wish the higher level planets were tougher than they are and I could swear they said that they were going to hide nightmare mode behind mastery levels(which I think is half the things everyone is complaining about). However, this is not about that.

So right now, when enemies come at you right now, it's kind of only one type: Large number of enemies funneling in. This is an ok type and justifies aoe weapons and skills. However, where's the enemy wave types that justify snipers? Single target weapons? Short puncture weapon types? Single target skills? What about low armor high health enemies to justify non-armor ignore weapons at high levels? How about enemies that are actually HEAVILY resistant to armor pierce?

Now I know I just listed out enemy types with weaknesses or strengths and didn't focus on formations or wave types. So let's go over that. Why can't we get a wave of Grineer with Shield Lancers walking out in Arrow-head formation with Ballistae/Heavy Gunners following in behind them? Why don't they come into large rooms using a spread formation? Especially when someone is using something like the Ogris or is a caster frame with aoe abilities? Why aren't their specific major enemies that can come in by themselves or with a small squad? It's an adjustment to the change of pace, which I get it, the game is supposed to be about speed, but not every weapon is designed for speed now is it(Lex, Snipers, etc)?

I also really want to emphasize that these tactics should be appearing at higher levels, when they know about you and what you can do. Enemy tactics need to evolve as they level up alongside new enemy types.

I would love to put a group together to specialize in certain things. Like the AoE, the Single Target, the Objective Defender, and the Floater(or whatever). I don't want to see it become Tank/healer/dps, but I wouldn't mind having each person in your group specialize in fighting certain squad types to great effect either.

Comments? Support? Defenses?