Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Ancients Are Bugged In Every Way Possible.

Caernarvon

AI, animations, model: The new Ancients simply aren't a threat because all they do is:

-Flop around, barely navigating the levels

-Stumble for no reason

-Get stuck in attack animations

-When successfully attacking, they suffer from massive model and texture tearing, with arms stuck at 90° angles and such

I've never actually been attacked by one since the patch went live. Sometimes they run at me, then their broken animations prevent them for really being hostile. This isn't lag, as it happens regardless of host.

If you're going to replace a properly working enemy with a new one, make sure that said new enemy works properly. The base model is good, the execution is horrible and the thing was probably not tested (like most of U9).

They work for me. I had no issues with them whatsoever other than it seems that they weakpoint was changed to the head as well (that or I am bad at hitting their now similar looking legs).

That said, it does look that is some issue regarding lag, as you said...

Edit: model and attack visuals were always like that as Gogandantes said. Even if they look static, they are moving in an standing animation and can attack you with one of their tentacles going through their backs. And none of that is recent.

Edited by HellEnforcer

Infested Impedance also bugs infested right now; maybe you ran into a few cases where someone in your party was using it. The ancients will sit around, have trouble moving, and only attack you if you get close. But I do think they act a little odd now, with or without this Aura.

Edited by Aramet

I recall the previous Ancients being actually dangerous though. The new ones are literally $&*&*#(%& things that I feel sorry for.

They don't quite seem to be the DPS sponge they used to be, but perhaps that's due to improved ability to headshot; the old model had a large, but indistinct head and they tended to lurch a lot.

I do like the new look, though; having a distinct look is nicer than a larger runner/leaper.  They've lost some of the hugeness that made them feel like a bigger threat.

Edited by Reithur

• 2 weeks later...