Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet Another Aura Suggestion: Auras Scale To Warframes Level. Scrap Cost. Feedback Please!

Savergn

I think Auras should scale to the level of Warframe that they are equipped to, rather than spending mod points to level them up, every 5 levels, the tier of the equipped aura would increase. To make all of this even friendlier, we can bring back the card system, and take away the costs. This would also give people much more incentive to use their already max-level Warframes to benefit from the scaling. I think this is an improvement over the current and previous system. Here's an example.

Currently, Rifle Amp gives you 7.5% damage with a level 0 Aura, then 15% for 1, and 22.5% for 2, and so on and so forth.

1. For Warframe levels 0-5, the Aura would be level 0 and give your team 7.5% damage.

2. For Warframe levels 6-11, the Aura would be level 1 and give your team 15% damage

3. For Warframe levels 12-17, the Aura would be level 2 and give your team 22.5% damage.

4. For Warframe levels 18-23 the Aura would be level 3 and give your team 30% damage.

5. For Warframe levels 24-29 the Aura would be level 4 and give your team 37.5% damage.

6. Finally, for Warframe level 30, the Aura would max out at level 5 and become 45%.

I feel like this would be a great change and make people consider using something other than Energy Siphon. It's also worth mentioning every Aura I seen has 5 levels (0-5) So this can be applied to every aura. I'm not sure if we'd need to keep the Aura slot the same way if we go this route, though. I think the card system the way it was could handle it more efficiently for this set up, plus it just makes sense to make switching Auras easy, since switching Mods is not an easy and takes a long time to do. Please give me your feedback on this idea! I'd love to hear what all of you think.

I honestly prefer the current system.

But your's isn't bad at all, if it would change to that, i wouldn't mind, just don't get back to the "old artifact" one.

Really? I just know so many people are upset that many of their builds are either ruined, because they have to polarize again to get Auras, or they just don't use them at all, because now they're incredibly inconvenient to use.

I'd say it's too late.

Some of us have forma'd the Aura slot, changing the system to 0 cost will screw us over big time.

edit: yes it ruins our build, i have lots of the frames geared up to exactly 0 mod points left. however, this current system should be used at the first place, making Aura part of the mods is totally reasonable. for the ruined optimized mod builds, we will resolve it in time.

Edited by ChickenBar

How about we go back to the artifact system and DE stops to get us to buy freaking forma 

As that is the only reason i see Aura's not having their own Aura polarization, It is annoying how they spread out very few artifacts among 3 polarities which is at first hand seems like it is to stop ability spamming but come on seriously i have my warframes potato'd and i can only fit artifacts on a few of them and that is because i have to take one of my mods out, its very annoying and frustrating to forma a frame and i wouldn't mind doing it at all if it was more rewarding to use it on a damn aura slot, what's the point of only having 1 energy siphon, its crap by itself (aka not stacked) so either we need an improvement of the aura system or go back to artifact system till they have a viable way of not wrecking every single aura/artifact

I'm not sure about this. If I'm leveling new frames, having my aura effectiveness plummet every time would be quite annoying.

That said, I'm not using any auras on my fully leveled frames because I don't have the forma to free up mod points. Polarizing just to change the Aura polarity gets me nothing; I'm still capped on mod points. I'd love to use Rifle Amp on my Trinity, it's too much effort to polarize her twice for so little reward. "But wait! There's affinity boosters!"

For the frames I'm leveling, I'll toss an aura on them, but I don't fuse them past rank 2 because the point draw is too much and once I hit 30 I consider whether or not it is worth keeping regardless of what it is.

Edited by Rand0mNumbers

making the "aura slot" polarized, using mod point costs, and being tied to the frames themselves is a huge inconvenience in the first place.

imo they were pretty good before, but having them fusable like the mods is nice.

downside is that all players are basically REQUIRED do forma every frame they have just to use the auras / artifacts.

CAN YOU SAY PLAT SINK, DE? uh duuhh

some things just look better on paper than they work in reality.

e.g. the ipad. it's awkward to hold, to use, especially to type on, no usb's, no expandable media...

better idea on paper... not so much irl.

at the very least, remove the mod point costs entirely

OR

change the mod point costs to the equivalent in "rank cost"... i.e. rank 4 players have 4 aura points to use. all aura have 1,2,3,4,5, etc point costs.

^  ^  ^  ^^    ^ ^ ^   ^

simple, effective, everyone's happy

Really? I just know so many people are upset that many of their builds are either ruined, because they have to polarize again to get Auras, or they just don't use them at all, because now they're incredibly inconvenient to use.

A lot of people are upset because they feel anything that makes them inherently weaker than they used to be is not good. It's odd because they argue that it makes them play a specific way, when in actuality, without the mad freedom to just cram everything in there, it creates more choice and specialization. You have to choose what you want to use, not just cram in maxed everything. Basically, it "ruined" people's min/maxing. But think of someone new coming into the game. It won't ruin their builds at all because they don't have any. They'll build up their frame, focusing on some upgrades, abilities, and not feel like their build is ruined. Limitations are good, as long as they don't become too limiting, which I think we're not in danger of yet. Sure, if you want to max more things out, you have to polarize, but that's your call.

The only thing I don't like about the auras is that it's hard to quick swap in another one. Sometimes you don't have enough energy for the maxed aura, so I try to keep a weaker one on hand. Also, I guess they could be buffed somewhat (e.g. energy siphon tops out at 0.6/sec, pretty low).

I think your idea has no freedom in how the aura works. While well intentioned, I don't like it. If we're making changes and ripping it away from the mod energy pool, then just tie it to Mastery level for how many points you can spend, and get rid of the polarities (refund anyone who spent formas to polarize).

making the "aura slot" polarized, using mod point costs, and being tied to the frames themselves is a huge inconvenience in the first place.

imo they were pretty good before, but having them fusable like the mods is nice.

downside is that all players are basically REQUIRED do forma every frame they have just to use the auras / artifacts.

CAN YOU SAY PLAT SINK, DE? uh duuhh

some things just look better on paper than they work in reality.

e.g. the ipad. it's awkward to hold, to use, especially to type on, no usb's, no expandable media...

better idea on paper... not so much irl.

at the very least, remove the mod point costs entirely

OR

change the mod point costs to the equivalent in "rank cost"... i.e. rank 4 players have 4 aura points to use. all aura have 1,2,3,4,5, etc point costs.

^  ^  ^  ^^    ^ ^ ^   ^

simple, effective, everyone's happy

You know i am not upset about the whole system anymore really i am extremely upset that they changed a perfectly good system to try and make more money, plus killing common resource drop rate while putting all resources on market to be bought with plat same time around resource prices drop thus everyone losing their common resources and some being forced to actually buy the uncommon resources (by forced i mean really impatient players)

A lot of people are upset because they feel anything that makes them inherently weaker than they used to be is not good. It's odd because they argue that it makes them play a specific way, when in actuality, without the mad freedom to just cram everything in there, it creates more choice and specialization. You have to choose what you want to use, not just cram in maxed everything. Basically, it "ruined" people's min/maxing. But think of someone new coming into the game. It won't ruin their builds at all because they don't have any. They'll build up their frame, focusing on some upgrades, abilities, and not feel like their build is ruined. Limitations are good, as long as they don't become too limiting, which I think we're not in danger of yet. Sure, if you want to max more things out, you have to polarize, but that's your call.

The only thing I don't like about the auras is that it's hard to quick swap in another one. Sometimes you don't have enough energy for the maxed aura, so I try to keep a weaker one on hand. Also, I guess they could be buffed somewhat (e.g. energy siphon tops out at 0.6/sec, pretty low).

I think your idea has no freedom in how the aura works. While well intentioned, I don't like it. If we're making changes and ripping it away from the mod energy pool, then just tie it to Mastery level for how many points you can spend, and get rid of the polarities (refund anyone who spent formas to polarize).

Some players asked to be able to downgrade their mods and i believe DE Steve said no.

How about we go back to the artifact system and DE stops to get us to buy freaking forma 

since when did they make you buy a freaking forma? i have 7 formas, bought 0.

You have no reason to complain

Edit: i had to use one on my Ash Aura polarity (V) since imo that's the worst polarity he could get, so will i need to use another to change Ash V polarity, once again, the worst he could have. But won't complain since it's how the game is, and once again, being in the BETA phase, they can do the hell they want to, without any kind of justification or customer support. That's what BETA is all about

Edited by Endrance

it was easier before, and now that energy siphon is 0.6/second... isn't it worse than before, even if it's fully maxed now? seemed to be about 1/sec before.

now that they're all polarized, u literally HAVE to use a forma on every frame to change that slot to a null slot to make any use of it.

just because my X frame has a Y polarity aura slot, doesn't mean i want to use a Y polarity aura. i want to use ABC aura, regardless of it's polarity. now, i have to finish leveling my excal prime, use a 6th forma on the effing thing to null the polarity slot for my aura.. and all the while, u don't even get mastery for re-lvling anything..

it was easier before, and now that energy siphon is 0.6/second... isn't it worse than before, even if it's fully maxed now? seemed to be about 1/sec before.

Rank 4 gives the same amount of energy the old artifact gaved. 1 energy every 2 seconds

Rank 5 (max) gives 1 energy every second and half. It's more noticeable when 2 or 3 are using the energy siphon mod.

In my case, i changed my V polarity to - to match with Energy Siphon, which is what i need for my Ash build, so i get a few extra point to waste on anything else.

Most of people are upset because no one expected to have both auras with polarity and our own warframe with a polarity for it.

If we only had a "aura slot" with no polarity at all, most likely the flame and unapprovel would be lesser.

The main reason i like this new system, it's mainly because you can't be fully geared, you will need to sacrifice something (i think, haven't formaed completely)

since when did they make you buy a freaking forma? i have 7 formas, bought 0.

You have no reason to complain

Edit: i had to use one on my Ash Aura polarity (V) since imo that's the worst polarity he could get, so will i need to use another to change Ash V polarity, once again, the worst he could have. But won't complain since it's how the game is, and once again, being in the BETA phase, they can do the hell they want to, without any kind of justification or customer support. That's what BETA is all about

I have more than enough forma and i forma my weapons warframes and what not i am talking about them getting us to buy more forma since basically every frame needs a form for their damn aura slot.

It used to be 1 Energy/2s - the newest version is better at max level.

yes, i've been corrected. was 0.5 / second.

now it's 0.6 / second at max rank.

ok, so yes, it's better, although not by much.

the issue is that now the artifact system is no longer an artifact. they just dumped a pile of new "artifact" mods on us without giving us a way to properly manage them. our warframes have mod slots and mod points; we have warframe general mods, and warframe specific mods.

imo the least they could have done is given us a separate mod and/or points system for auras. the issue is that both weps and frames have the same number of points available, but frames have 2 more slots for use. essentially u have to use a forma on frames to make them as efficient in the mod points system as weps. that aside, now there's an entirely new slot, without the addition of points or availability of points to compensate. thus forcing people to use additional formas to make said "aura" slot even worth using.

as i said before, just because my X frame has a Y slot, doesn't mean i want to USE a Y polarity aura on THAT frame specifically.

regardless of what frame i'm using, i may want to use the steel charge, or rifle amp, or XYZ scavenger aura (artifact).. sure, ember and frost might be better off used with energy siphon, but what if i want to use that on my excal so i can just slash dash all over the map and insta-kill everything? well i kinda can't because in order to use an effective aura, it has to be max rank, or 1 short of max. and as everyone knows, if it's not same polarity, ur wasting points... so now without a forma and either like polarity, or a null polarity slot, i'm wasting 6-10 points for an "aura" ........ awesome, now i can't use one of the mods i was using... that'd be like going without serration, or multishot, on my rifle.

imo it was nice to know who was using what artifact so each member could adjust slightly given what they're all doing.

e.g. if 2x members are using infested impedance, and 2x are using energy siphon it was somewhat useful.

with them being upgradeable like mods, u could get away with 1x infest. imp., 2x energy siphon, and 1x loot, or enemy radar.

i think it should have been a merger of the 2 systems. leave them in lobby as before so that they're easy to change, and easy to distinguish who's using what. as well, make it so that player mastery rank is the points system used, not just tack  them on to the frame's specific mod system.