Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End Game Melee - How To Properly Fix It

Endrance

Hello all, before i start let me state te following:

I don't hate you, i don't care if you love or hate my opinion, as long as you respect my opinion i respect yours.

and

Suggestion towards end game, values i will use are purely for example. No real-correct information is used on this

Ok, sorry about that, better safe than sorry.

Now, back to the subject, everyone knows that on endgame melee is rather pointless, the damage is quite low compared to our gunfire, not to mention dangerous since we will need to be close combat, and will be more open to enemy gunfire.

Here i will try to explain, how to properly fix this, without breaking the game mechanics.

We all know that, the higher the enemy level, the higher damage he do to us, and the lower damage we do to them.

It is not our damage that decreased upon higher level enemies, but their resistance that increased.

Lets suppose that, by every level a enemy has above us, will increase the damage resistance by 1%, meaning that, a Rank 30 Warframe dueling with a level 31 Grineer, that grineer will have a 1% damage resistance, therefore, you will do 1% less damage than what you're supposed to.

I already believe the system has a different scale value depending on the type of weapon, one for primary, one for secondary, and, the problem, one for melee.

My suggestion here, is quite easy to fix, either remove the damage resistance from melee weapons, making a level 100 enemy with 70% resistance (based on my example, please, take that in note) would take the 100% damage, since the melee damage resistance wouldn't scale.

At the beginning, it might seem Overpowered, but in the end, it makes sense. A heavily armored unit would take less damage from a shot, that hit the armor, than a slash that hit the armor. Since the slash not only would have a greater area of impact, but also might hit a weak spot while "sliding" throw the armor.

So, in other words, meleeing a level 30 grineer would do basically the same damage as meleeing a level 100. The main difference would be, that you can easily die from that level 100, since his damage output i far greater than the level 30.

This would bring melee to a new level, being able to use it properly in endgame scenarios, like T3 Void and 20+ pluto wave and so on.

As i stated before, i used my own numbers to make the suggestion easier to understand, i have no idea on how the resistance damage works, and how it scales. Therefore, i had to simplify it, so that both users and DE could understand it properly to give their opinion and possible even add this feature to the game mechanic.

I love melee, i play 90% the time in melee, and having to sheath my sword upon encountering a high level enemy because i will most likely die before i take 1/4 of its HP is just, sad.

Also, this is mainly for regular attacks, but i also believe it will help charge attack since i don't think they're quite good at high level too. Off course, some weapons don't have this issue, but i can't make a weapon specific suggestion.

Give your ideas and opinions.

TL:DR - Remove Damage Resistance Scaling from melee weapons

Regards

Endrance

Edited by Endrance