Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

VPN Issues with Content Server and Inventory

MangeurDuPiscine

I am using Avast's SecureLine VPN service, and noticed it interfering with Warframe dramatically.
The first encounter was in trying to launch. Yesterday (July 4th), I stopped being able to connect to the content server in the launcher. (Update failed! The content servers are temporarily unavailable. The update will restart shortly...) It worked perfectly fine before, even while connected to the VPN.
Tonight, I tried after disconnecting from my VPN. The game works fine like this. So I tried logging in without the VPN, and reconnecting to it once I'm stable. This is when things got a little weird. I don't know how DE handles server connections, but it seems that inventory access (changing weapons, swapping mods, and browsing the foundry) and inventory changes (like fusing, claiming in the foundry, and receiving items after a mission) are handled differently. The former work on the VPN, and the latter don't. I can walk around on the liset, browse my mods and weapons, change my loadout, and even get into a mission when I'm connected; it's only when I leave that it breaks down (I'm assuming when it tries to change my inventory with credits, mods, and whatnot). 
So, I ask for someone networking-savvy to, if not resolve the issue, at least explain it. I'm curious as to what's going on to make things fail this specifically.
I connect via Wi-Fi on a laptop, if it means anything. I don't imagine this has anything to do with specs and hardware.

Same problem here, PIA vpn and can't even connect to the warframe site, and the launcher just spits up 'The content servers are temporarily unavailable". I have been trying over the past few days and consistently gotten this error. I do most everything behind a vpn because of privacy concerns and have never had this problem in the past.

I tried signing in while not behind the VPN and then returning to the VPN after- this seems to have worked and I haven't had additional problems so far. Not sure why this worked either (or maybe they fixed it after my earlier attempts). I will update if I find anything new out, otherwise for now there doesn't seem to be a problem with the VPN now.

Edit: never mind- problems back.

update: Still can't play, has there been any word from DE about this problem?

update 2: If your on PIA change your location, the lockout is an automatic counter measure (thanks support for your help, much appreciated.), so changing your ip may work. after I tested a few I found a location that was able to connect to warframes servers no problem. If your still having trouble open up a ticket.

Edited by Asher42