Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auras: Scavengers

MECT_HET

Scavengers are pretty useless for now. The only things people are using is siphon/regen/radar and damage boosters. So let's make the scavengers a bit more useful

My suggestion is: replace the CHANCE of picking up ammo you've pointed on with your scavenger to AMOUNT of looting up. Should be much more useful. 

Example: 4th level of the rifle scavenger (+100%) should make you pickup 40 ammo per box instead of old 20. 

Edited by MECT0HET

Why use scavengers in the first place when I can bring 8 boxes of 1'000 credits who FILL my ammo completely with NO mod cost attached?

And I have only encountered one mission type that requires ammo boxes in my stash, namely T3 defenses over 20 waves (and only when team is not so potent so that I have to spam my despairs with trickmag)

Why use scavengers in the first place when I can bring 8 boxes of 1'000 credits who FILL my ammo completely with NO mod cost attached?

Patch notes.

Changes:

Aura mods now *boost* your mod capacity rather than drain it.

As long as Scavengers have the same polarity as Energy Siphon, there is no hope for them.

How is that a point? The polarity of the slot can always be changed TO whatever siphon is.

Honestly, until we start seeing enemies taking a lot more bullets than what they do now, scavenger will never see use. Quite frankly, they should probably just be fused with the AMP cards at this point :\ Primary reason being, there's no way to make them useful without making them mandatory.

As long as Scavengers have the same polarity as Energy Siphon, there is no hope for them.

I'm playing as gun-depending class (Mag&Excalibur) so I need more ammo.

And I have only encountered one mission type that requires ammo boxes in my stash, namely T3 defenses over 20 waves (and only when team is not so potent so that I have to spam my despairs with trickmag)

I can bring very limited boxes amount because I've also need a team healthkit and secondary ammo pack. So when I'm playing with either viper or grakata, even these boxes are not my salvation. I need more ammo on pickup.

Since when did the Scavengers ever have hope?

Why would you EVER choose x ammo dropping more common when you can regenerate energy?

Why? Because not everyone's here loves to be a dam magician. I'm prefering more on shooting to my foes instead of eviscerate'em with the space magic.

I can bring very limited boxes amount because I've also need a team healthkit and secondary ammo pack. So when I'm playing with either viper or grakata, even these boxes are not my salvation. I need more ammo on pickup.

Why? Because not everyone's here loves to be a dam magician. I'm prefering more on shooting to my foes instead of eviscerate'em with the space magic.

I use 2 personal heals, 2 team, 2 secondary, 2 primary and seldom find the need for ammo boxes at all. You really shouldn't need more than 1 box/mission unless you're going for wave 35+ defenses. I can say that safely having taken a Grakata around through tower runs to level it up. Not even the most inefficient weapons should need more than 1 box.

Yeah, everyone likes using the abilities, because they're useful. More useful to have on you than extra ammo most of the time. Not using powers is your choice, but that doesn't make it a good idea. Therefore, ES>scavenger.

I use 2 personal heals, 2 team, 2 secondary, 2 primary and seldom find the need for ammo boxes at all. You really shouldn't need more than 1 box/mission unless you're going for wave 35+ defenses. I can say that safely having taken a Grakata around through tower runs to level it up. Not even the most inefficient weapons should need more than 1 box.

Yeah, everyone likes using the abilities, because they're useful. More useful to have on you than extra ammo most of the time. Not using powers is your choice, but that doesn't make it a good idea. Therefore, ES>scavenger.

Yeah-yeah-yeah. You are a god and hero and able to clean t2 tower with unleveled grakata using only 1 ammo box. Cool story bro.

Make scavengers give you additional ammo in your weapons' magazines and able to regenerate 1 ammo for each kill done?  Maybe by ranking up the scavenger mod also, the ammo increase per kill is used.

1 ammo per kill on level 1, 5 ammo per kill on level 5... still not enough on the fast-shooting guns, and too much for the oneshotters. But I like the idea.

Making energy siphon no longer add more mod room (because it lead the energy to the suit during combat) will make the scavengers even more useful.

Edited by MECT0HET

Scavenge auras are in a really bad place because the rate of getting ammo is not consistent with how you spend ammo. What tends to happen to me when I run out of ammo for my main weapon ill just switch to my secondary and pick up every ammo box I find. In comparison to the other mods they are just much better in comparison.

Yeah-yeah-yeah. You are a god and hero and able to clean t2 tower with unleveled grakata using only 1 ammo box. Cool story bro.

Never said it was unmodded, but having rank 2 or 3 mods and no multishot I didn't find that I needed 2 or more boxes to clear out a level of 30-45 enemies. Still, the point is that pretty much regardless of weapon, ES is a much better investment. It gives more damage per mission, can also adjust the tactical situation to your needs and most importantly grants a buff that is otherwise impossible to obtain. If energy regen was innate to all warframes, ES would probably be less sought after or if there was an energy regen mod. As it stands though, ES is a unique buff that well and truly outdoes scavengers which can be replaced with ammo boxes.

Never said it was unmodded, but having rank 2 or 3 mods and no multishot I didn't find that I needed 2 or more boxes to clear out a level of 30-45 enemies. Still, the point is that pretty much regardless of weapon, ES is a much better investment. It gives more damage per mission, can also adjust the tactical situation to your needs and most importantly grants a buff that is otherwise impossible to obtain. If energy regen was innate to all warframes, ES would probably be less sought after or if there was an energy regen mod. As it stands though, ES is a unique buff that well and truly outdoes scavengers which can be replaced with ammo boxes.

Hardly to believe in that. Rank 2 mods in Grakata and only 2 ammo boxes. 

Anyway this is not about how well you're doing with your lowlevel weapons. This is all about scavengers. I suggested an idea to improve their useability which is also should inferior on the loor table, granting you chance to pickup more stuff instead of countless ammo boxes such as energy spheres, credits and even modules.

Altering the looting chances is dam BS. No way to do so without some unpleasant consequenses. I'm still recommendind to alter an AMOUNT of picked ammo beacuse these chances are slim enough to not ever take the scavengers onboard.

yes theya re useless, that is why I brought up the idea, if nobody else has yet:

perhaps scavengers could have been specialization auras boosting the ammo drop but various other tweaks to enhance shotguns, sniper weapons, rifles and pistols in more ways. perhaps have it affect reload times, ammo capacity, fire rate and damage by small flat amounts and a percent. 

let's say sniper scavenger with 5 ranks:

boost ammo gain by 1 every rank(5 at 5).

boost ammo drop rate by 30% per rank(150% at 5).

boost damage by 2 per rank(10 at 5), 3% per rank(15% at 5) or just a percent for snipers

lower reload time by .075 per rank(0.375 at 5). or a percent

increase fire rate by .05(0.25 at 5) or a percent

one idea is perhaps since puncture mods still suck &#!, that specialization could raise puncture range.

this would allow some serious specialization for a team of snipers if they chose to do so. the reason for flat boost to damage is for lower damage rifle or pistol scavenger. but percents could be the way to do that. this would make rifle amp kind of null and void but as is the scavengers aren't really worth using nor auras in general to tempt most from making combinations of auras outside of energy siphon x4.  also yes, this might make rifle amp need to be changed or have other additional effects to stand out away from weapon specializationauras.

the scavenger auras are the main ones that could use something  to make them stand out, and the specialization weapon-type aurasounds more interesting to me.

Your idea is ruining a scavengers at all. They're not just a weapon buffers. Their purpose is to help you stay longer in the fight gathering you enough ammo to never (or as least as possible) being depleted.

I like ammo regen idea though, this is even better than just picking up.

But my question is still open. They're able to create booster for the exp and credits doubling gaining amount, why can't they do the same for the scavengers? Shouldn't be much more difficult.

^Not sure it's a great idea.

"Extra ammo drops" as some people already have written here, means increased chance. So in fact there might be a case you won't ever feel a difference. Only increasing amount will work.

However to make a bit balance there should be some kind of Enery consumables, so you'll be able to replenish your energy from the Spheres pickups Enery Siphon and that kinnda accumulators, i presume.