Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Health Damage From Ranged Attacks

Xandorai

Has anyone else seen this happen while running missions? In all mission types I am seeing that I take HP damage from ranged attacks even though my Shields are still up. I've ran entire missions where my Shields were never taken down, never took melee hits, and never took environmental damage, yet my Health is lower than max.

I can see my Shields being hit via the blue arc indicator, and at times it turns red, then back to blue (Shields never came close to being depleted). Its like ranged attacks are randomly going through the Shields. So whats up with that? Could mobs have a chance at doing direct HP damage...as if they are getting a critical hit?

Yea, I know what a NM mission is. =)

This happens in Normal missions (and non-Vampire mode Nightmares), like I said. It doesn't happen all the time, but on occasion it appears damage bleeds through my Shields to cause direct Health damage.

This is -not- caused by any of the following (just to be extra clear):

Nightmare Vampire mode

Melee attacks (though I've seen Infested Chargers deal Health dmg while Shields were up, just not Grineer / Corpus melee)

Toxic damage

Environmental damage

Flame attacks

Edited by Xandorai

This has actually been around since I first joined in Update 7 (the Moa event). If an enemy hits hard enough (or maybe it's just random?) it might punch straight through your shield and hit your HP. Since Update 9 buffed the levels it's now more common to see.