Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improving Elements (And Adding New Ones)

Xomnia

So I'm not sure where this would be posted, so if this is wrong just move it if you can :)

Anyway, we were having a discussion in our clan, about how the elemental damage at the moment is a bit boring, each element is good against it's respective faction with the exception of ice, which is just generally good, but other than that, that's about it.

We were wondering if it would be possible to make the elements work with and against each other, so for example, add a water element, it would be good against corpus to begin with, as it would corrode their shields/armor,  and then, combine it with electrical mods to add extra damage in general, but the downside of this mod would be that it negates the effects of fire damage.

So what this is proposing, is that people need work together and be smart about their mods, creating more teamwork in the game and community.

Their could be a whole lot more integration with mods if this happened, and it could become a lot more interesting for players as well.

im all for adding new damage types, but first they gotta work with making the current like 20 damage types easier to understand, because sorry but i was confused when i first saw the damage table, i mean come on, i didnt even know laser damage was a thing, thought it was all eletrical

im all for adding new damage types, but first they gotta work with making the current like 20 damage types easier to understand, because sorry but i was confused when i first saw the damage table, i mean come on, i didnt even know laser damage was a thing, thought it was all eletrical

Laser damage Isn't elemental TMK, it's a type of damage rather, much like bullet damage as opposed to Impact damage or explosion damage or the likes, it has different effects and calculations compared to the other types, but it's not counted as an element, (It has armor applied to it and has no special damage type modifiers to it).

Currently, the only elements available to Tenno are as follows, Fire, Ice, Electric, Armor Piercing, and to some extent, Poison, even though it's only available to Saryn, adding new elements won't effect damage types, as they aren't dependent on elements, but on the gun itself.

Edited by Xomnia

Laser damage Isn't elemental TMK, it's a type of damage rather, much like bullet damage as opposed to Impact damage or explosion damage or the likes, it has different effects and calculations compared to the other types, but it's not counted as an element, (It has armor applied to it and has no special damage type modifiers to it).

Currently, the only elements available to Tenno are as follows, Fire, Ice, Electric, Armor Piercing, and to some extent, Poison, even though it's only available to Saryn, adding new elements won't effect damage types, as they aren't dependent on elements, but on the gun itself.

"Element" and "Damage Type" are functionally the same thing in this game. Also that system you're proposing seems confusing and also not in tune with the feel of this game. I mean, that system worked in Magicka, but that was also the primary system in Magicka. More importantly, this is a shooter game first and foremost and so elemental combinations and applications aren't really a big issue.

"Element" and "Damage Type" are functionally the same thing in this game. Also that system you're proposing seems confusing and also not in tune with the feel of this game. I mean, that system worked in Magicka, but that was also the primary system in Magicka. More importantly, this is a shooter game first and foremost and so elemental combinations and applications aren't really a big issue.

Functionally, but not exactly, It wouldn't be confusing if set out properly and it is kind of in tune with the game, besides, DE have always talked about trying to get the Wraframes' powers to mix later on into the game, why not practice by using elements instead?