Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats a typical tennogen workflow?

Ectodrop

Question

I'm starting to get into tennogen but I'm not sure what the process actually is, but I sort of have a basic understanding of what it might be. I'm aiming my sights on an equinox alt helm but for now, I'm starting easy simple.

The tools I currently have are zbrush, maya and xnormal but I've only started to understand zbrush and sculpting on models. I'm not sure but from what I've heard you start by making a high poly model and doing all your sculpting and then make a low poly model and the make a UV map out of that. After that I'm pretty clueless.

1 I have no idea on how to make the textures for diffuse, normal, metalness, roughness, emissive and tintmask maps. What I have been able to gather is you make UV map and then you make all of your textures from that, and for the tint mask do you go in Photoshop and paint over your red, green and blue colors and that decides what tint 1, tint 2, and tint 3 is but I dunno what alphas are still. That's just my theory on wtf all of this is.

2 How do I import an alt helmet into tennogen, Every time I do a test run the screen goes white and it doesn't load. I am exporting OBJ files out of zbrush so do I not upload OBJ's? do I just make a normal map and all of the volume and depth is captured there?

I would really appreciate some answers from people that can comprehend this, thanks in advance.

Edited by Ectodrop

1 answer to this question

Should give you a decent basis from which to start.  There is ample other information on the subject and it is pretty heavily covered throughout the internet and, especially, here on the forums.  Google can help you find all that.

Edited by (PS4)horridhal