Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 Months Playing, I'd Like To Finally Give Feedback.

TalonBlue

I have 4 Warframes, I'm currently Mastery level 4, and I really enjoy playing Warframe. I think there are more positives than negatives when it comes to the gameplay and I hate listing negatives but since this is still beta I'd like to make concerns known.

1) Forma and mod point resets.

I can handle respecing a character in other games or deleting and starting over again knowing the eventually I'll get to the desired build or level in other games I've played. The idea of more than one forced respecs is what kills it for me. I do not want to level a weapon or warframe to 30, then spend a Forma, an start all over again...once. Do I really want to do it multiple times? NO. Because of this I ignored shotguns and sniper rifles, in favor of leveling and re-leveling my Braton after using multiple Forma. I cannot take having to re-level ANOTHER weapon more than once...I just can't. It feels like punishment using Forma on a weapon or warframe then having to re-level. I don't understand what purpose it serves for the player to re-level a weapon in order to polarize one mod slot. If this policy is in place to lengthen game it is bad one. Because I see no point in investing in other weapons because I'd have to level multiple weapons, multiple times to optimize another weapon and I do not wish to go through with that. The mod point reset is an awful idea, please do away with it.

2) Scaling Armor of Enemies.

As the enemy level gets higher there grows the need for Armor Piercing Damage Mods or Weapons that innately ignore armor. At higher levels, the gameplay in my experience feels reduced to "Spam Kunai/Despair." Something needs to be done to bridge the disparity with the enemy armor reducing the effectiveness of the majority of the weapons that ARE subject to armor. My Braton feels utterly useless despite the modding I've done to it when fighting high level enemies.

3) Story

There is none. No lore, no characters other than boss names.

4) Warframe Customization/Color

Of all the things you charge for in the game, the only thing that I find irritating and downright awful is five dollars for a color palette. In other games I have never paid for right to change the color my characters clothing, armor, skin color, hair color, weapon color, or ability color. Not ever. For something like the clothing pieces, hair styles, or accessories themselves in terms of shape, form, and style I would absolutely pay for them. For example a cowboy hat, or a weapon skin, or a costume bundle based on theme I would understand paying for. I do not like how you have deliberately limited something as basic the color palette for cosmetic cusomization. I think this is unacceptable. In only this instance for the Warframe market it is where I feel like you are nickeling-and-diming the playerbase. In my opinion and in my experience with other games the use of color customization should not cost a thing. I am not paying to use a color.

Simple thing for every game, get a small budget for it every month, 10, 15, 20$ or something.

Its no different than playing WoW or other games.

I do agree about 1, 2 and 3.

I still enjoy the game of course, but at the same time, they need to provide progression in order to have us play for a long time. Sadly I like lots of frames and weapons and leveling them is just wayyyyyyy to much work. With the new changes to the auras at least you dont have to forma your frame like before. Once maybe would be enough.

Simple thing for every game, get a small budget for it every month, 10, 15, 20$ or something.

Its no different than playing WoW or other games.

I do agree about 1, 2 and 3.

I still enjoy the game of course, but at the same time, they need to provide progression in order to have us play for a long time. Sadly I like lots of frames and weapons and leveling them is just wayyyyyyy to much work. With the new changes to the auras at least you dont have to forma your frame like before. Once maybe would be enough.

I don't have a problem spending money on a F2P game (I've bought extra weapon and warframe slots, as well as a orokin catalyst and a reactor), but it just irks me that of all the things I would have to pay extra for, I would never expect it to be color for cosmetic purposes. We only get 12 color choices as a default, then they want to tack on five dollars for the rest of the Classic color palette? Five dollars for a single color palette? Are you mad? I do not catergorize colors in the same boat with something like shiny weapon or armor skins in a fantasy MMO, alternate champion skins for League of Legends, or player convenience items like in-game pets or experience boosts. In those cases an artist or a developer took time and energy to create something or code something, in this case they are trying to profit of existing spectrums of light. This isn't right, its shameful. I don't have a problem with F2P models, and I think that most of the costs in Warframe's market are fair, except colors. They shouldn't be charging for it.