Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Trading Mods/weapons/frames & Resources(?)

Swarshigigar

This isn't me asking trading to be put in the game, I just want to put my idea out there.
There is another thread open about trading but it's only about mods
At least that's all I found through search looking for trading threads, I'm not trying to spam the same topic.

Trying to avoid players abusing a trading system seems like an impossible goal but really isn't.
Using rank to determine what you can trade and what you can't would fix that problem, not including bugs being taken advantage of.

The option to trade certain things are unlocked as you progress

Of course naturally all previous trading options exist if you're rank 6 or higher

Rank 1 or above - Recive mods through trading
Rank 2 or above - Give mods through trading
Rank 3 or above - Recieve weapons through trading
Rank 4 or above - Give weapons through trading
Rank 5 or above - Recive frames through trading
Rank 6 or above - Give frames through trading

Weapons and frames should be untradable if purchased with platinum or holding mods.
Pretty much anything purchased with platinum should be untradable
This would prevent people from spamming accounts to get the free platinum and then buying weapons in the marketplace only to trade them immediately for profit of either credits or plat on a secondary account

Getting to rank 4 takes too much time for people to waste making only a ridiculously slim profit from doing so.

The same style of trading restrictions could be applied to resource trading as well depending on the rarity of whatever resource, but I think resources would be better handled through a marketplace for credits/platinum rather than a player to player basis.

At least four of my friends would play regularly if I was able to give them gear that I sell to nobody for practically nothing

I've sold too many weapons and frames already which have been potatoed for the sake of mastery and I'm getting tired of it, I'm also tired of playing alone or with randoms.
If trading were implimented I would gladly re-purchase all of the rank 30 weapons and frames I sold at triple the price in space dollars to give to my friends

In a heart beat.

Please let me know if you have an idea or anything to add which would be an improvement of my idea.

Edited by Swarshigigar

I still think that trading should only be through rank 0 mods, materials, and blueprints. Although now that mods and mats can be bought with plat a problem still occurs.

Rank 0 mod trading only seems like a good idea, I have a friend who doesn't have flow and I have an extra copy.

It'd be nice to give that to him.

I didn't even think about blueprints, probably should've.

The problem with trading things that are purchased with platinum could be solved by making things purchased with platinum untradable.

...The problem with trading things that are purchased with platinum could be solved by making things purchased with platinum untradable...

This is true, but I do not know how hard it would be to code. It could be really simple (I would think it would only need an additional Boolean with the item), but if it is complicated then only being able to trade blueprints would solve most of the problem, because bp must be bought with credits or obtained.