Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Idea: Slot Expanders

Lilinith

I've had this as a blog post on the WARFRAME Wiki, so I've gotten enough feedback to the point where I'm ready to post it on the official forums.

If this isn't the right location to post such thing, please kindly redirect me to the more proper location for this post. First time actually posting here, and I'm not exactly sure where Frame/Weapon Slots fall under, so I'm assuming game play.

I'm not here to take everyone's crap, but I'll probably have to do that in the process. All I'm hoping for is at least one piece of honest feedback, and hopefully the Dev's attention to the point of at least some sort of response (even ambiguous would be good).

Alright, let's begin!

I'm ready to take plenty of hits for this thought, but I've had it for a while, and I want other people's opinions.

I'm relatively (this part is now somewhat arguable) new to WARFRAME, but I love this game. The fact that it is virtually possible to obtain EVERYTHING though hard work and playing just fascinates me. And, I've always wondered: what if they make it totally free?

Before you eat me, let me set things straight. I'm not telling DE to go bankrupt here. I simply have an idea for something called SLOT EXPANDER.

It'd code in a new item, which there's going to be two variants.

WARFRAME SLOT EXPANDER

and

WEAPON SLOT EXPANDER

You can probably see where I'm going with this.

Now, these would replace the "buy slots" button in the inventory, and instead be found in the market. That would be inconvenient. Sorry.

Now, the reason why it has to be a whole new item, is so that it can be crafted. Yes, like everything else in WARFRAME. The blueprints, though, I want to make them super, super, souper special. A few possible ways to make them this way:

BLUEPRINT ONLY: Only able to be made from crafting (excluding the Platinum-bypass of buying it premade)

ALERT MISSIONS, WE LOVE YOU, RNG: Make this RARE. RARER THAN THOSE POTATOS. And I mean REALLY rare. Make people MURDER for these things, because it should NEVER be easy to get more slots.

ALERT MISSIONS, WE (still) LOVE YOU, RNG: Make this a fairly rare item. I'd personally put it higher than the exalted spuds, but I've been told that that'd be like toe-nail cancer; debatably impossible to obtain. So, I want to find a neat balance for this, but give it a place in the systems. I really need somebody's suggestion on this one, as my currently expired idea wasn't well received.

DAILY REWARDS, LOG IN, ALLDAYEVERYDAY: Extend the Log-In system to 30 days. Yes, 30 days. Make people become stalkers (not THE Stalker) of WARFRAME, and throw in a few even prettier, even shinier rewards into the 30 day stuff (but make sure to make them think RNG hates them: you should never let good things go easy). My idea is to add these two expander blueprints into that 30 day, and an earlier idea I probed a long time ago, bits (and I mean teeny) of TUNA CANS (Platinum) into these, such as quantities of 1, 2, and 5 at most. And make RNG REALLY hate this, something like a 1:500 chance to get a coin of plat. God knows how rare this should be, if it should ever have meant to be to begin with, but this isn't something I can quite figure out on my own. Again, sorry, but help me out here, or burn this idea to the ground. Your choice, but no fingers will be pointed.

VOID, TOWER [insert ridiculously high number]: When they add new Void levels, i.e Tower IV, Tower V, Tower VI, Boss Tower Battles, etc. A good, rare, high level completion reward. Probably also really rare.

VOID, TOWER [insert mediocre number because I'm too lazy here]: They've added new Void modes, but as far as I know, no new Void TIERS. So, if that time ever comes, where Tower IV, Tower V, Tower VI, Tower V8 (no forehead slaps, okay?), and other towers come out (if ever), we can find a way to incorporate the theoretical blueprints of said slot expanders into the tables, and if we follow-the-leader with FORMA, perhaps a pre-made expander. Or, we could skip all the shenanigans and just jump it into Tower III.

(All the past 3 are implied to be blueprint only, not the actual item.)

Then make the composition similar to a potato.

Morphic: 5/10/20

Neural Sensor: 5

Neurodes: 5

Orokin Cell: 5/10

Control Module: 5

Gallium: 5/10/15/20

Forma: 1/5

Annoyingly hard materials like that.

Okay, so I've been pretty much put through Witch's trial over this particular topic, with the concept of reward:work ratios, and apparently, my crafting requirements are absolute BULLS**T. Yeah, unpleasant things aside, this is probably the biggest section in need of help, considering NOT ONE person decided to help with this part on the wiki blog (though I still love you all, it's okay).

Currently, my two proposals are now:

1. Use Rare materials in fair quantities to craft, and a FORMA.

2. Use Special specific components (similar to PRIME weapons) and a FORMA to assemble it.

Now, the latter doesn't sound terribly pleasant, so I'm going to leave that up to you guys to discuss. I'm going to talk about the first one. Now, as seen above, my earlier list was ridiculous, and wasn't well-received for exactly those obvious reasons. Too ridiculous to craft. Now, my problem here is, I can't make it easy-cake-walk to get, or else it defeats the purpose, but if I get too hard, people want to take my head. Now, the two ways to alleviate this predicament are either:

1. Make the blueprint even harder to obtain.

2. Somehow find the golden ratio (not THE "Golden Ratio") between materials. Yeah, that'll be fun.

So, regarding the second issue, I'm going to try my hands at another list, though I'll get hurt somewhere for this one, I just know it.

Morphic: 5/10/20

Neural Sensor: 5

Neurodes: 5

Orokin Cell: 5/10

Control Module: 5

Gallium: 5/10/15/20

Forma: 1/5

Morphic: 1 or 5. (5 shouldn't be THAT hard, there are Kunai EVERYWHERE, even I have them!)

Neural Sensors: 1 or 2. (These don't make any sense to begin with, anyhow, but they go in Reactors, so they must do something.)

Neurodes: 1 or 3. (Hey, they're in Reactors, though I don't know how. 3 because they're probably one of the easier Rares.)

Control Module: 1 or 2. (1 works the same in Potatos, so it should be fine here.)

Gallium: 1, 2, or 3. (I don't know much about Gallium, so I'll just suggest some numbers.)

Orokin Cell: 2. (Just go slaughter Sargas Ruk or something, it'll be fine.)

Forma: 1 or 2. Now, I'm really pushing for Forma to be in here. Forma is technology that changes shape (used in Clan Building, changing Polarity, and finally Clan Tech), so I thought it'd make a fair amount of sense for it to be present in order to CHANGE the shape of you inventory (as in, making an extra slot). Maybe it's just me.

Considering this is currently a pay-only service at this moment, this has to be HARD to get.

I don't know how much money the Devs need to work, but I certainly think that they can find a way to balance this into the game, if they feel. I'm not going to try and argue on paychecks or anything here.

Also, I think that colors could also be done in a similar sense, only with component pallettes, like Warframe components, the standard rainbow colors, white and black, etc, and just use cells to slap it together.

On a slightly less relevant note, Color Palettes could be done in similar style, collecting components like PRIMEs, with the standard colors of the rainbow (or any colors of better choice, such as Black and White for the Smoke Set), and then piece it together with an "EMPTY PALETTE" item, and perhaps a FORMA and/or OROKIN CELL. Perhaps that's me just dreaming, again, I don't want to interfere with any paychecks.

Well, this is my idea in a summary, so hopefully I can get vicious feedback,  which would still be thoughtful. 

I'm not going to go back and summarize everything. No. Anyhow, please do leave your feedback, and any suggestions that you may have, and I'll try to monitor this post enough to make changes and develop it further based on other player's thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks for reading.