Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Mod Slots Please.

CosyPigeon

To expand upon the title, I would like it if DE introduced an item that would enable us to expand the amount of mod slots for a given warframe or weapon. DE has been introducing allot of very interesting mods of late, some of which introduce interesting abilities and utility, unfortunately, the tend to fail to appeal when competing with mod slots for more useful 'bread and butter' mods like redirection, flow, continuity, etc.  

So I'd like to see an item that lets you increase the amount of mod slots you get on your gear, maybe if you combine a forma with an orokin cell and chuck it into your frame you could get an additional slot or something, I dunno, there are numerous ways it could be done. 

Another way to go about it would be to have different classes of mods beyond the current polarity system, say, have one type of mod that is all about stat buffs, (which most existing mods are right now) and have them occupy the standard mod slots, and then have a second set of mod slots for utility mods, separate from from the stat buff mod slots and you ability mod slots. 

This would remove the temptation to say, sacrifice an ability polarity in exchange for a defensive polarity. if mods had certain classes outside of their polarities, and could only be put into slots for that class (like how the aura mods are in an aura class mod slot).

The more I think about it, the more I like my second idea better. Perhaps the other Tenno here agree? Or perhaps they have other ideas that are better than my own. Please let me know what you think. 

More mod slots=less diverse mod builds, right now you have to cherry pick your mods that you want to use. So not everyone has the same build. If there's enough slots to put everything, then everyone would use one build.

But I could see maybe 2 more slots IF they add way more diverse mods than we currently have.

More mod slots=less diverse mod builds, right now you have to cherry pick your mods that you want to use. So not everyone has the same build. If there's enough slots to put everything, then everyone would use one build.

But I could see maybe 2 more slots IF they add way more diverse mods than we currently have.

Having mod classes would still allow for a limited amount of mods per mod class, which would still result in plenty of diverse builds. We both know that DE is going to add more and more mods over time, and it seems a shame that many of those will go to waste because there are some mods that are simply no brainer choices that interesting mods cannot compete with. 

If the Aura mods can have their on slots that only Auras can be plugged into, why not other types/classes of mods aswell?

While part of me wants to agree that an item or even another set of mods would be benifical I have to Disagree with this idea. please forgive my use of the word everything. I know that your not asking for the the ability to add all mods but I am using it as a smplified catchall.

The ability to have "everything" in the end just feels wrong. Part of the fun of this game, to me anyways, is using the limited reasources and spaces to make your warframe yours. Do you sacrafice speed for armor? Do you add power duration or power strength? These quanduries were part of what made me enjoy the game so. Having "everything" seems to go against the mechanics of the game in my opinion. Having to sacrafice inorder to have a certain statline or addition just seems right to me. Where's the fun in having max everything? having a weakness and overcoming it with a different strength has been really fun. Example: My primary is an excalibur geared towards ability use. I dont use health, shield or armor mods which means that compared to most builds i have little health. However with extensive use of enhanced powers I am able to hold my own in any mission. If a new mod comes out i look it over and then add it if i feel it benifits me. Mods will come out and cause your warframe to change and evolve. Polarity slots will change to make way for new ones. I love that. is it annoying when you have to spend a forma to change something you worked hard on? Yes but its worth it, at least in my opinion.

I can understand your concern about not wanting to have 'everything'. I don't really want 'everything' either. What I really want is for a wider variety of mod builds to be viable. And assuming you use all of your ability polarity mods for your abilities, you essentially only have 6 mod slots to play with, which is really quite limiting in the amount of variety you can have as far as builds go. 

I agree with you completely with regards to all builds should have trade offs and no one build should be best. but I still feel like the current six mod slots you get on a war frame really only allows for a handful of builds that are effective. 

If certain mods could be only equipped to certain mod slots, then you could have more mod slots, whilst still limiting the amount of min maxing ('everything') you could achieve. 

Edited by CosyPigeon

I suppose. But it still feels like you would be opening up for a dwindeling variaty pool with the opening of of more mod slots. Of course its possible that if implemented properly it would still leave room for alot of diversity. I would have to see it in action before I could really make a judgement.

I suppose. But it still feels like you would be opening up for a dwindeling variaty pool with the opening of of more mod slots. Of course its possible that if implemented properly it would still leave room for alot of diversity. I would have to see it in action before I could really make a judgement.

I might try making some mock up screen shots then when I get home. 

I understand what you are saying... the 'bread and butter' mods are quintessential... Redirection, Vitality, Flow, Continuity, Stretch... these are staples in every build of almost everything warframe I have... They are essential needs.. which gives me only one slot to use as an extra choice like... Constitution, or Steel Fiber.(All this being said with out using forma to polarize your ability slots)