Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Warframe Attractive To A Larger Crowd

bloodlord1989

I feel the game has alot of geek like rpg figure it out yourself style. Me personaly i love that,but i would want friends to join and the result is the game tends to be confusing or frusterating aka "screw this i give up". Many updates constantly to do events has proven to cuase many bugs i believe is coding related or server. Events i feel should be saved when the crowd is alot bigger and coding is stable. I feel simplicity will draw in a larger crowd for example an auto level up mod option for players that don't have time to mess with the mods. Adding simplicity to the game as an option for the hard to grasp rpg conecpt type players who are used to simple leveling. I feel mostly this game is advanced in it's leveling system that would attract the convention card trader type crowd. Lets make the crowd alot bigger and as a result "Warframe" will be the word to float around in the general public as a main stream game just as other main stream games on the top are. Also MLG one day on warframe would be nice when it speads to console if it does. Small donation of my own thoughts for now. I may have more later in time.       

Warframe is coming to PS4 on release.

The tutorial has just been updated, which is nice.

I am sure that this sort of thing will be expanded upon in the coming months, for example the foundry has just become user friendly. There was mention of having some sort of "instructions" in game so that not everyone has to refer to the wiki.

The problem with "upon the coming months" is that in those months a lot of newcomers will be turned away by the recent changes as they were by the awful market changes in update 8. Know what kills a game faster than current players getting bored and leaving? New players not joining and spending their money.

This problem will only be compounded when DE finally shuts down the founder program as its basically their only real profit thanks to their refusal to alter the cash shop.

3 million players not a large crowd? =)

I agree though... almost every friend that started this game after me I had to guide through mumble for like a whole evening to make them understand and enjoy the game and the systems. Biggest problem of all is the chat function, hard to see when someone messages you and clumsy way of replying to messages. Voice chat only working in missions but not in lobby etc..

• 2 weeks later...

can you imagine a bunch of random players talking at once and the effect of bandwidth with alot of players talking on the mic with the lobby. lol it's too much. i feel we need to raise awareness of steam becuase of the guides they have and chat rooms we could make with voice. also big thing is Warframe Alerts twitter needs players to be aware of becuase of the questions on whats the reward. many new players also still seem confused on how to play at first, that us players feel the need to help becuase if we were them we would want help too and then there are the trolls which are funny ,but then there are the evil trolls everyone tells to shut up lol, very rude trolls. Further more i also feel we need an officail "hype-man" for events, i have been doing that myself just to bring enjoyment and increase the energy out there in Region chat North america east. They get really rowdy but i have been putting poeple in their place with logic, commen sence, humility. i feel region chat has no direction unless i'm around yelling at poeple when the crap hits the fan lol. i try to keep the trolling in region to at least player fun and if it goes too far i know how to get them to cut it out. For the poeple that need to get kicked i have no power over kicking someone so i leave them be knowing it's best to ignore them and they will get kicked anyway. I tested being the "hype-man" since i know i have a decent control of Region chats direction and i got everyone to attack the ships attacking Earth when the focus was on random planets with no direction or focus. I used the real life to video game technique, saying "We have to save Earth guys it's our homeland" "Save the puppies" and so on while telling everyone they are doing a great job while they brought the percentage down very qiuckly and gave status reports on the percentage as a reminder and to keep focus on the event. other poeple wondered why earth was not a focus then all of a sudden it became a focus : ) . i'm very proud of myself for this attempt becuase it is a learning expierence for me and it brings a sence of team work in the community of warframe. This event has turned out to be very exciting for me and everyone and i have been playing while doing this to bring the percentage down myself. An officail "hype-man" would bring life to an event with direction and becomes memorable for us.