Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alerts - They're Pretty Bull$#!^

Polarthief

I feel like Alerts are pretty... well, crappy, for the most part. There's so much special stuff (Potatos, alternative helmets, Vauban pieces, and Auras) from them that hoping to be online (or at home for that matter) for them all is just next to impossible, and even if you are home, 20%+ of the time, they're just money alerts (which, keep in mind, Credits become pretty worthless VERY quickly).

While that's (the whole 20% items thing) a big part of why I'm making this post, there's an even bigger matter that I think needs to be addressed: The lack of Energy Siphon.

Probably THE best aura for any Energy-Support or Energy-Offensive build, Energy Siphon is an incredibly useful aura that gives you and your squad Energy over time. For the 10 or 11 days that I have been playing this game and only missing a few alerts during my R0-R1 days, I have seen, count them: ZERO Energy Siphons, and I have multiple trackers going off at all hours of the day (When I'm away, a friend keeps track. When I'm sleeping, I have a tracker/alarm set to even wake me for any alert that isn't money-only; I'm THAT dedicated to get this thing), none of which have once said the words "Energy Siphon".

Here's some stuff I believe should increase the level of depth and/or quality of life with Alerts:

*- More alerts need to have some items (even if crappy/common) attached to the (usually low) Money-Only alerts; make it around 40-50% items+money and 50-60% money-only.

*- A larger volume of Energy Siphon needs to be thrown into the bunch (at LEAST once a week because of how helpful it is; more people should have this thing!) [That, or make a super-low drop chance for all auras from enemies/defense mission rewards]

- Any alert that is money only should have their base values increased as an incentive for people to do them should they actually need the (worthless upon reaching R4ish) credits. There shouldn't be anything lower than 5k.

- Planets of higher levels will tend to have higher rewards (both Money and/or rarer items). There's nothing worse than seeing an ultra rare item on Mercury or seeing a 2k Credits alert on Pluto because they don't reward you properly.

- Allow Alerts to be done by anyone, regardless if they have the sector-under-alert unlocked. This allows lower ranked players to at least attempt to solo an alert, rather than give up entirely because there weren't any higher ranked players available to carry them. (While the odds are against them, should they be really good at stealth, they could make it through) [unless it's a Defense/Mobile Defense mission, of course...]

energy syphon is overrated. just about every mission in swimming in energy orbs. especially high wave defense.

alerts are always being worked on and getting better. it was far worse a few updates ago. and from some of the things they have been talking about it could get alot better.

energy syphon is overrated. just about every mission in swimming in energy orbs. especially high wave defense.

alerts are always being worked on and getting better. it was far worse a few updates ago. and from some of the things they have been talking about it could get alot better.

It may be overrated, but it's an amazing aura for any Energy-based build (dare I say, almost mandatory), and by not having it, I'm just gimping my ability unless I happen to have a Trinity with me at all times.

Well that's good. Hopefully they get improved soon as this stuff is killing me >_>;

Edited by Polarthief

the ideas...are....so so....but it would totally fuk up the system. devs say its being reworked, fixed and updated. this is probs just one of the bugs thats stuffing the alerts up as its not compatible with the U9 system. so it may take time for things to settle down. just wait and be patient..its only been a week. and they cant sort through 1000s and 1000s of stuff in that time frame, so wait, it will get better.

energy siphon is overrated? o.O

You must be REALLY lucky at dropping energy orbs then cause when I fight bosses or do high level defense missions (which you could rename into "Press '4' mission"), I either get no orb drops or I run out due to the massive income of enemies my 4th spamming.

energy siphon is overrated? o.O

You must be REALLY lucky at dropping energy orbs then cause when I fight bosses or do high level defense missions (which you could rename into "Press '4' mission"), I either get no orb drops or I run out due to the massive income of enemies my 4th spamming.

You do know that how you are playing is what is causing your problem. I think you're the exception to the norm, not the norm.

You do know that how you are playing is what is causing your problem. I think you're the exception to the norm, not the norm.

to be fair, there are a lot of people who just 4444 all the things.

and in all honesty thats a fairly good way to clear a room and move on.

that said, its not the best way of doing things... but to each his own i suppose.

Problem is: with massive waves coming in non-stop at high level defenses or those alert defenses, how would you suggest to kill them before they get your Crypod?

Even if you had 100% accuracy and could headshot every enemy in a millisecond, they still have a LOT of health and they wont fall down until you headshot them a couple times.

getting rid of them is not the way to go imo. make them better sure, but dont remove them.

If they got rid of them, we'd have far more of the other ones that are worth the time.

The only way they'd would be worthwhile is if they gave at least 10k credits. Anything less is just a waste of time to the large majority of players...I mean, 10k won't even give you enough to build the cheapest item.

They're just too worthless right now, and there are WAY too many of them.

Edited by Niavlys77

well the defend alert for alt2 helmet is the most hardest ever to play even u had 4 player in ur squad, commonly failed the mission because "not all player" hit the good internet connection due the lagging. u saw the reactor health is fine at end wave 3 but suddenly get failed ( yes thanks with lag) and the alt2 helmet was gone...

I've also been waiting for energy siphon.

There's no incentive to play credit-only alerts, what makes them favorable to regular missions?  All alerts should include credits and a randomized reward.

EDIT: After some thought, it doesn't always have to be aura's and rare blueprints.  Bonus XP would make me want to do alerts, mods or even an extra fusion core would be incentive enough to stop ignoring them.

Edited by Mateodon