Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Little Things

MrSeamus

First forum post so here goes...

Im quite enjoying this game, graphics are awesome (a bit beefy for my poor old box, but then i just burnt out half my RAM so that *might * affect it a tad) and the gameplay is fairly fun, but i just wanted to get in on the little things ive noticed that I feel could do with a touch up/slight change.

My heads in the way

shooting fools, notice a melee enemy approaching, do a backflip and aim to headshot them, then my screen is blocked by my warframes head. Not a huge gamechanger, but still a bit annoying. A possible fix could be making close ups of this nature render your warframe (from your viewpoint) slightly translucent? As i said, its not a gamechanger but it kind of sucks that when your backs to the wall you cant aim.

I cant read my mods...

Anyone else have this problem? when i mouse over a mod the text appears behind my cursor, so i cant read the middle of the text and need to wave my mouse around like a loon to see it, possibly having the text appear just underneath it could fix this?

No variety at early stages

Sure the guns are cool and all, But my frame is lvl 10 and hasnt even seen another gun yet, just the starting weapons. Not really any kind of deal, just putting my 2 cents out there. Theres no actual instruction in game on how to get more weapons. As it stands the only apparent way is to spend real money to get more weapons, and that just feels like a scam.

Tutorial

The turorial seems a tad inadequate, no mention of parkour manuevers (wall running etc) and the way lotus explains powers had me believe i needed to get affinity to charge them up to use them, that is affinity came across as a temporary and expendable resource used to charge powers. As well there is no explanation on how mods work, or fusion or explanation of polarity.

Arsenal/marketplace

A fairly simple fix here i feel, the weapons dont tell you what level you need to be to get them, until you try to buy them. It wouldnt be very difficult to put visible requirements on the weapon description, rather than going through all of them and trying to buy them to find out how far away i am from them. Also the mods for powers (and the weapons themselves) have no indication as to how good they actually are, unless im missing something here?

The Menu

Maybe there should be a separate tab on the menu for the map? Or even opening more than one tab should automatically close down any others that are up,or have that as an option. The first time i opened it I got stuck in the lore section, until i remembered the escape key.

Cyphers

I realise now i was unfortunate, but the first cypher i opened threw me completely; I managed to get the lines all sorted and the lock didnt open. I now know that one of the pices had multiple orientations, but if the failing of a cypher is to stay on my record for all to see, it might be fair to have a brief explanation of how they work, possibly in the tutorial.

Please dont flame me here, its possible (likely) that several of these things exist but i simply havent noticed them, and im keen to learn if thats the case. I realise all of this data is available on the wiki and other such places, but reading these guides really shouldnt be essential to playing the game. I hope none of this is in the wrong place/been talked to death already.

Peace out!

Hi Mr Seamus,

You wouldn't happen to be Shamus from 20Sided, would you?  Just asking; you're well written and use a similar "voice."

The Wiki is your friend.  I check it all the time; http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

I had a few friends already playing to help me out with some troubles.  I suggest you link up with someone who you can chat with to ease you through for a bit; look for someone in your pick-up group who has been helpful or chatty in text and add them to your contact list.  If you can get on a voice chat (still looking for info on how to do this within Warframe), the information should flow nicely.

I'm willing to chat (via Ventrilo or Teamspeak); I'm online weekdays from 06:00-07:30 EST (11:00-12:30GMT)

Affinity is your experience, Energy powers your abilities.

Look for white white affinity orbs or blue energy orbs from containers or enemies killed.

Affinity can be gained for your warframe by killing enemies with weapons and using your abilities.

Weapon affinity is increased every time you use a weapon and see a damage number appear onscreen.  You also gain affinity from ally kills for the category of weapon they used (Primary, Secondary, Melee, Frame ability), though you do not gain as much as if you attacked them yourself.

I have not encountered the text-behind-mods issue.  You can report these in the UI Feedback section; https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/19-ui-feedback/

I, too, ran into some similar issues when I first started, though I have come to understand just how beta the game was when I started.  Many things don't make a lot of sense, but while they improved many things, these have been mostly gameplay/balance tweaks.  They have only just recently added a proper tutorial that walks you through gameplay basics, but not main/arsenal/contacts/moding/foundry pages.

There's also loads of written and video guides and how-tos on Youtube, Steam, and this forum.  Check out the Players Helping Players section for some good advice and info; https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/38-players-helping-players/

Otherwise, feel free to send me a PM and I'll answer as best I can.

Good luck!

Edited by Reithur

Head thing: Agreed. Head in the way is pretty annoying aka "my greatest enemy is myself". Transparency would be nice if zooming in close to wall/ceiling.

Also planets wandering of my screen on the solar map are not that great. Or is it just my 4:3 screen?

Mods: Uhhh...don't know what you mean. The text on the mods is big enough to read or are you talking about the text telling about fusion effects?

Variety/Arsenal/Marketplace: You don't really need that much variety at first, on early missions you'll be glad to have a few levels and/or decent upgrades for your guns when the baddies upgrade from "inconvence" to...well more of an inconvenience at first, but you'll see.

There's not that much variety at first but if it's that much of an inconvenience for you there's still the plat route. You should lvl everything to 30 before duming it for mastery anyway.

If you ever played any kind of game before the "marketplace" button will catch your attention. There are 2 weapons that are decent upgrades and you can buy them with creds. Flip some pages and you'll see blueprints. Any piece of gear (aside from some cosmetics) can be attained ingame without costing you a single penny. There's no scam involved and i've seen much much worse as far as pay2win goes.

Tutorial: The new tutorial is so much better than the old one but i get what you're talking about, I thing i wrote something along the lines of "hold run and jump buttons" a few dozen times now. The hacking issue could also be addressed by locking the first tutorial room.

The menu is rather convenient, i can check on weapon stats in the marketplace and be right back in the foundry. Could be made even more easy by showing stats on BP, but hey they're improving the game almost every day.