Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bosses Should Not Drop Clan Research Mats

Manly_McManface

Enough said... agree? Disagree?

Alright then, apparently it is not enough said, so here is my argument: These clan research mats are really easy to farm. I've built the ogris and the supra and the flux rifle and still have over 200 detonite ampules and feildron samples. I've never had to farm these mats, I've always had to farm plastids and control modules, and even salvage sometimes, to build these weapons. Considering how easy it is to farm these resources, killing a boss for ONE of these resources is quite frusterating, especially when you get them 6 times in a row when what you need is a control module or a neurode. Heck, I'd even take some plastids or ferrite over a mutagen sample. I'd even rather the boss drop nothing. That may not be the case with other people, but I still make the argument that bosses should not drop a common resource that comes in quantities of one. It's just plain frusterating. 

I know rare resources are supposed to be rare, and thats fine with me. I'm okay with doing 6 runs of the Hyena for 1 control module. But while we're not getting the rare ones, it would be nice to at least get uncommon ones instead of these research resources. I would assume it would be even more frusterating for someone not in a clan, where these resources are as good as nothing.

Edited by Shamefulprawn41

I agree, however we also run into the problem that standard resources also drop from bosses as well.

I'd rather get the 200 Nano Spores than get nothing at all, ya know? It may not be worth anything, but I'd take it over getting nothing at all.

DE has noted, multiple times, that the drop rates of rare materials from bosses was not decreased. The drop rate for no resources was decreased, and in the decreased spot they put clan research materials. If true (and I believe when DE states things) then I see no problem with it.

DE has noted, multiple times, that the drop rates of rare materials from bosses was not decreased. The drop rate for no resources was decreased, and in the decreased spot they put clan research materials. If true (and I believe when DE states things) then I see no problem with it.

I was unaware of that, thanks for clarifying for me

i think your problem mainly reflects a lack of uses for certain mats. Every recipe requires multiple mats and that creates bottlenecks and its frustrating having tons of mats that we have no use for. I think there needs to be basic recipes for consumables that just require only one or two different mats each. This would help people get rid of their ridiculous stockpiles and turn them into something useful so certain resources don't feel beyond useless. 

Edited by aTaVaX