Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Automatic Rolling

Drathin

To many times when I'm playing Warframe do I find myself rolling off an edge or rolling when there is no need.  I suggest maybe add manuel rolling such as when landing from a jump, holding the shift button.  If it is a high jump and no roll was made have it to some damage to the health.

This doesn't always work and the opposite directional key only really turned me in the opposite direction lol ><.  I still think a button mechanic would alot better than automatic or even putting it in the menu as an option.

I love rolling after dropping a couple inches though; really helps to spread the force of the impact. It's good for my rhino's knees.

Really, I think they just need to adjust the conditions that cause a roll to occur. I find my self rolling in seemingly inappropriate situations. Jumping onto a box and rolling right off is a pretty common occurrence.

The problem is it seems like they have it designed to force a roll exactly when you don't want it.  I've done tests.  A simple jump or drop normally won't force a roll, but if I'm holding a bow and have a shot fully charged it will force a roll and make me have to charge it up again.

That's pretty inexcusable.

You automatically roll if you fire in any way while in midair. Hit a bump or run too fast down a set of stairs while holding the trigger down, and you'll get bumped into the air just a tiny bit, then instantly roll when you set down again.

Easiest solution is to hold the crouch button and release it right when you land (I know, crouching in midair affects your velocity). Bingo, no rolling.