Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Credit Burners (Power-Ups/consumables)

Progenitorei

Im sure everyone who has played this game to the t2/3 stage by now has a fair buildup of credits that they can not burn through by any reasonable means, so im suggesting a few ideas on how to use them.

Power-ups (temporary eg: 15sec timed power - ups)

It would be nice to get some of these for defence missions when u hit the higher levels of the missions so that you can progress further via temporary buffs in the 25+ waves, especially on the higher tier defence missions.

Classic powerups

- double damage

- double fire rate

- instant reload

- Temporary +lvl (1/2/3etc) to weapon/suit mods levels (can raise mods above cap)

Warframe oriented consumables

- War sentinel ( Stays with you until out of ammo, roams close to player not directly above. has massive amounts of weapons, laser blasters, rapid fire machine guns and rockets. unleashes hell on enemies until spent then either suicide charges and blows up or flys off. )

- placeable turret

- Ammo types ( ap/incindary/electric/explosive) replaces standard ammo with like 50-100 rounds of ammo catered for destroying certain enemy types (200% or higher against enemy type) when consumed u revert back to standard ammo.

there was also another topic on buying missions with credits,

which i think would also be a nice idea.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/79719-credit-buy-in-missions/

Idk. Upgrading Hornet Strike / Serration  have done taken their fare share. Clan plans eat credits too.

The game says I've earned something like 4.5 million but I'm sitting on like 200k atm. So the money sinks are there :P

Although, when it DOES get to the point where there is no use for credits (which I'm assuming doesn't happen until a player is like Mastery 10 or 11) some stuff like that could be neat. I like the single use turrets and personal osprey ideas. I want to be able to deploy rollers too >:D. Could even turn stuff like that into resource sinks in addition to credit sinks that have to be crafted in the foundry.

Edited by Stinker

I understand where you're coming from, and I do agree the game needs credit burners, but I think temporary buffs/consumables is a terrible idea. I've always hated them in MMOs because their existence means that you will always be at less than full damage/max hp/etc. if you aren't constantly popping consumables. In addition, in any multiplayer environment, it makes it so that a player WITH consumables always has an advantage over a player without, and thus slowly drifts toward the "wallet = power" scenario that everyone hates.

Frankly, the game doesn't need money sinks where it's at right now; sure, you can do Void runs 24/7 to amass wealth but given that you can get most things from farming/creds, owning too much of it shouldn't be a problem. Heck, if you're that rich already with no use for creds, you can buy ammo boxes since they're in-game already.

@ MIRROR_ell The problem is that ammo boxes are boring, and most of the time not needed. 

@Progenitorei I like the idea of drop turrets. That would be nifty. Or maybe deployable cover? Anyway, I agree that we need a credit sink. I don't often run void missions, and I am only Mastery 6, but I still float somewhere around 1,500,000 creds. 

@Stinker lol rollers OP, imagine them vs a boss getting perma knocked back and annoyed. then u can taunt them (haha how does it feel huh, not so good when its u being harrassed by rollers ^ ^)

on that note - Roller boss - oh gawd nooo....!!

Edited by Progenitorei