Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Additions To Nightmare Mode

SGT_SMUG

These are some simple suggestions of perimeters we could have in nightmare mode.

- x2 enemies: Every enemy spawned gets a duplicate spawned next to it (with maybe a reduction to health to make the mission completable).

- Spore: All (or a few specific) enemies act as toxic ancients in the way that they do damage over time based on proximity.

- Power outage: All lights are turned very low or off so that the guns on flashlights are actually used.

- Powerless: No abilities can be used.

-  Extreme gravity: They talked about this in the live stream. Just seconding this idea (except unsure if every room involving parkour would work).

- Valkyrie: The chance for a high tier mob to spawn is increased (such as ancients or fusion moas).

- Free fall: To simulate the ship you're on in a free falling state, amount of gravity, direction of gravity, and direction of camera orientation would change together so at one time you could be walking on the ceiling, or wall. 

Hunted: Stalkers can randomly spawn and de-spawn at points during the mission without the chance to drop a blueprint.

Bossy: 1-2 boss rooms spawn per random generated map, and once entered, must be completed to move on to origional objective. boss fight would be random and bp would not drop.

I feel like all of these within certain combinations or by themselves would be really fun and make the game really interesting. I didn't suggest 0 gravity as i'm not sure how swimming through air would work and if they were to introduce 0 gravity for a whole level, there would have to be a new way to traverse the air.

What do you guys think? I really just want to get people's minds rolling about new nightmare modes as I really enjoy nightmare mode and hope that they refine the system and improve on the reward + difficulty + appropriateness of restrictions (vampire mode at elevator is a little silly).

Edited by SGT_SMUG