Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enable Reload When Rolling

Fourdee

As always with these types of forums, i'am wasting my time, but here goes anyway.

This game is fast paced, you sprint alot, yet, you force the user to enter a roll animation at every height change.

- Enable reload when the character is in the rolling animation.

Or

- Clamp down on the threshold for when the roll function starts.

eg: dont roll unless the fall height is more than D3DXVECTOR3(0.0f,-10.0f,0.0f); from initial vector location before the fall

Edited by Fourdee

It is annoying, but you can usually get around most of the rolling. If you are sprinting before hitting the air you can hold crouch and go into a slide posture. You'll hit the ground sliding and prevent yourself from rolling.

Practice it with Paris while holding the charge, you'll get super good at it really quick.

Try reloading while rolling in IRL.

See? THAT difficult.

How would YOU know?

Considering the fact your a forum troll and probably dont even look out of your window, you know, the real world outside?

+1 for being a troll, best of luck with that. Wont get you shi* in life, but, at least you feel bigger behind your keyboard. Shame.

How would YOU know?

Considering the fact your a forum troll and probably dont even look out of your window, you know, the real world outside?

+1 for being a troll, best of luck with that. Wont get you shi* in life, but, at least you feel bigger behind your keyboard. Shame.

His point was legit, so no bashing on him.

All I will say is that I do want rolling to stop reloading, seeing how it can be distracting and actually pretty damn difficult IRL.

If dropping high is your problem, then do a sprint jump, so that you can kick slide later. Its that easy ^^

How would YOU know?

I will not try to argue with you. But it seems to me you are butthurt, my friend.

Posting this publicly only shows how immature you are in the forums.

If you cannot handle my opinions, then good luck trying to understand on how forums work.

Edited by Ghost_Intel2

Something is off about rolling currently. Sometimes the character rolls from tiny stairs where IRL I would continue running without a hitch. And these are space ninjas, they should be able to do such stuff at harder thresholds.

About slide-landing. Does it make more sense to jump 5 stories and fall flat on your &#!/leg? Or to gracefully fold your body from toes to knees and end it with a roll at the end redirecting the whole momentum? To me it's a bit backwards currently.

I guess the important question is this. Does it add something valuable to gameplay that sometimes reloading is interrupted by the way you land?

Reloading while rolling isn't the only thing wrong with that forced rolling animation, losing control of your character for a few seconds as he rockets off into enemy clusters/walls/off a cliff is kinda annoying. If we want to roll on the landing, we have the controls to do that, most of the time we don't.