Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

reusing solar rail concepts - Dojo

ShardF

How could DE make solar rail concepts, and research valid again? Well its simple actually, the specter armies we built during the time of solar rails could be re-purposed. The question is, how? What if the dojos, weren't as safe as we thought they were? Who would want to attack us? 

A more proper question is who wouldn't? Tenno actions have interfered with the 3 huge factions, 4 if you count the sentients. there are also the syndicates, 6 smaller factions, that if you side against will not hesitate to send entire squads to kill you. you may be thinking how does this relate to the dojo? What if these factions found the dojo? Surely they would attack, how better to take out disturbances, such as us, than all at once. 

Pros:

• Specters could act as guards for the dojo.
  • We could also have dojo based missions.
  • Reuse concepts from the solar rails. 
  • Alliances could also work together.
  • This could bring the community even closer.
  • This could also bring about more changes to the dojo, that I have yet to think of.

Cons (& solutions): 

• We would have to spend resources (its not like we don't already have millions of nano spores)
  • Our relationships with syndicates would be affected (even if they are not involved in this we still have 4 very powerful factions, or they could also have some role in helping with the defense)
  • Smaller clans would suffer from this (not if clan size was taken into account, it is unlikely that the enemy is going to find the dojo of a ghost clan)

Sincerely,

ShardF

6 minutes ago, ShardF said:

What if the dojos, weren't as safe as we thought they were?

I would leave and never look back if random people can come into what I built and troll/destroy everything. Absolutely no.

IF another system that is paired with dojo building could be implemented, I would be down for that.

I have always wondered why we can't make our own battlegrounds/parkour rooms. Building a battle course filled with enemies and maybe even player vs player interaction.

The connection between dojo and battle course would not be physical, but tied to rooms you build to help support different aspects of a battle course.

Say you defeat my battle course, the energy generator tied to portions beaten would take a hit and need resources to get it back up to 100%.

The more players I defeat with my course, more rewards I get (credits, resources, etc)

If you defeat enough player courses, same result. Players could rate them for difficulty, and obviously people who put more into them will have harder to beat things. 

what about space birds that make the solar-rail structures... I was not about here when the rails were in effect.. but I could of been without access.

just thinking these days about a flying snake or space bird cross over character?  the idea as it for using here or anywhere but best here.?

On 8/14/2017 at 1:45 PM, moose2142 said:

I would leave and never look back if random people can come into what I built and troll/destroy everything. Absolutely no.

IF another system that is paired with dojo building could be implemented, I would be down for that.

I have always wondered why we can't make our own battlegrounds/parkour rooms. Building a battle course filled with enemies and maybe even player vs player interaction.

The connection between dojo and battle course would not be physical, but tied to rooms you build to help support different aspects of a battle course.

Say you defeat my battle course, the energy generator tied to portions beaten would take a hit and need resources to get it back up to 100%.

The more players I defeat with my course, more rewards I get (credits, resources, etc)

If you defeat enough player courses, same result. Players could rate them for difficulty, and obviously people who put more into them will have harder to beat things. 

what does any of this have to do with what I said in the 1st place?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2017 at 8:52 PM, ShardF said:

what does any of this have to do with what I said in the 1st place?

On 8/14/2017 at 0:28 PM, ShardF said:

What if the dojos, weren't as safe as we thought they were?

1st red flag

Specters could act as guards for the dojo.

2nd red flag. No ai would ever be able to properly guard anything against players in warframe

This could bring the community even closer.

My clan building a solar rail to invade your dojo will bring us closer to being friends? Unlikely

Smaller clans would suffer from this

I built my clan by myself, and have just a few friends in it. Yes clans like mine would suffer.

We would have to spend resources (its not like we don't already have millions of nano spores)

After 3 invasions and all my resources are drained, I now need to grind MORE just to sustain something that previously wouldn't have been an issue? 

I am not opposed to everything you said, just the parts where players can interact negatively with other players dojos. 

Did I ever once say other clans can use this to harm other clan's dojos? NO, I did not, if you actually read the article instead of assume, that the other factions are players, you will see I explicitly said: Corpus, Grineer, Infested, and Sentient (also maybe the syndicates) NOT other clans. I did not say players for several reasons; Warframe already has a policy of not forcing PVP on us (I Like This), and a lot of people well go out of there way given the possibility to troll others (I Hate Trolls). Player interaction should stay similar to how it is, now so that we can have fun slaughtering hopeless amounts of NPCS together. Leave the people who want PVP to to the PVP areas of the games, while the rest of us pretend that PVP doesn't exist.

Sincerely, (Agitated)

ShardF

Edited by ShardF