Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raptor: Punishing Vs Difficult

Drakontis

I disagree, Kril just has a huge HP pool and easy to learn tactics and can even be baited into freezing himself, in flame mode he's just any normal melee using, run and gun. He's just an ammo sponge, which is fake difficulty

At-least Raptor is flying which is good mobility and  is a high damaging boss for his relatively low health, his patterns attack pattern are predictable (as ANY boss should be) but he's still a threat, missiles ensure you play smart  and use cover, which few bosses force you to do and as broken as mines may be, it all keeps you  on your toes and ever moving (Assuming you don't have frame tailored to take him down).

Raptor is a step in the right direction i would love if more bosses was more like him.

Krill's armor is high, his hp is quite low. He dies pretty damn fast with the right guns, and never makes it to rage mode.

The reason Krill is a good boss fight is because it has a strong mechanic and approach to the fight. Is it the best? No cause just about any boss from metroid prime makes it look like child's play.

Raptor has nothing going for it. It floats, then spams missiles, then floats some more. There is little strategy in fighting it, make a globe, shoot it to death, laugh. No globe? Use cover then hide in building to avoid missiles, repeat. Or use invis, then hide in building and repeat. Raptor has no mechanics. I do not need to shoot out its wings to make it fall and be vunerable, I don't have the option of disabling its gun though some clever trick, nor is there a good mechanic for avoiding its attacks, I don't get to do fun things like bounce its barrage back into its face, lure it into the fire of a stage mechanic or be clever in any sort of way. No, raptor is a terrible, pitiful excuse of a boss and is utter garbage. All you do is duck and cover and shoot this PoS till it poops loot.

Actually, no.

Why are people thinking Raptor is another one of those bosses where you can just run up to and start hacking away at with no strategy whatsoever, and come out unscathed, within seconds?

Raptor needs thinking. You need a Frost or you can hide in the building. You need SOME way to not get hit by the missiles. You shouldn't always be able to stand around all "HURP DURP" and facetank a missile.

I love the Raptor, and would hate to see him nerfed because people just can't seem to figure out that they could hide in the central building or bring a Frost along. He really isn't as hard as you think.

In World of Warcraft, you need to know a raid fight to beat a raid boss. You aren't gonna facetank everything because there will be some phase or mechanic where you need to do something in order to not get your raid group insta-killed.

I want more bosses that punish you for standing out in the open, unloading on their face. 

Raptor is a poorly designed boss. Vor is the best boss in the game in terms of design and difficulty. Raptor is just as dumb as Pre-U7 Hyena. 

Raptor is an easy boss literally, he just hits hard. That is not good game design.

Krill's armor is high, his hp is quite low. He dies pretty damn fast with the right guns, and never makes it to rage mode.

The reason Krill is a good boss fight is because it has a strong mechanic and approach to the fight. Is it the best? No cause just about any boss from metroid prime makes it look like child's play.

Raptor has nothing going for it. It floats, then spams missiles, then floats some more. There is little strategy in fighting it, make a globe, shoot it to death, laugh. No globe? Use cover then hide in building to avoid missiles, repeat. Or use invis, then hide in building and repeat. Raptor has no mechanics. I do not need to shoot out its wings to make it fall and be vunerable, I don't have the option of disabling its gun though some clever trick, nor is there a good mechanic for avoiding its attacks, I don't get to do fun things like bounce its barrage back into its face, lure it into the fire of a stage mechanic or be clever in any sort of way. No, raptor is a terrible, pitiful excuse of a boss and is utter garbage. All you do is duck and cover and shoot this PoS till it poops loot.

that would actually be really cool and it would be much more fun to fight him,

imagine while he's flying he has buffed armor and shields, however he has two weakpoints on his wings, shoot thoughs out and cause a decent chunk of damage, then he falls from the sky and you wail on him with now reduced shields and armor, 3-4 seconds later he repairs himself and flys back up except this time he's &!$$ed so he becomes more aggressive and he gains extra weakpoints, so now he hits harder and does more damage and takes a bit longer to take down with the extra weakpoints all having to be taken out before he falls down again.... that would be a fun fight

unfortunantly for right now we get HUR DERP MINEZZZZZZ HERP HID IN BUILDINGZ GUYZ LETS USE SNOWGLOB!111!!! OMG ROCKET SPAZZZ!!!!!

Edited by impulse42