The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Farming... What Do?

Ddublu

Question

Yeah, So I'm wanting to start just being able to go on a mission and farm up some resources and open up chests and stuff. I'm unsure whether it's better to go on a slower; yet durable warframe; or if it'd be better to use a quick warframe that can clear rooms easily. Personally I enjoy the faster warframes; Namely Ash and Nova, however Nova doesn't feel like she can clear real fast; nor could Ash at least not more than 13 at a time. With the right weapons I'm sure Nova could clear faster since she'd be able to pop her 4th better.

Playstyle-wise I want to stay away from Rhino/Saryn/Frost because I'm pretty sure I won't like how fast they move. I know this can be changed with Rush but well... yeh x:.

I feel that Ember makes for a good choice for this; however her utility for other more team-based missions makes me not want to reformat her loadout for solo farming.

This probably leaves with only a handful of possible warframes that can do this:

- Banshee (pretty decent speed; tied for 4th with Nyx, however has a long casted 4th ability)

- Excalibur (has some good movement abilities; but his 4th has a limited amount of dudes hit i think)

- Loki (really really squishy, but is the fastest moving; however has no real clearing abilities unless I utilize his invisibility and some aoe melee swinging)

- Mag (Decently survivable; has a rather length ult casting and it only affects those within the range when first casted)

- Nyx (only way clearing would work is if it was Infested or something; but ties with Banshee on move speed)

- Trinity (Link could probably help having the room clear itself basically; but other than that; feels too defensive to efficiently clear rooms)

- Vauban (Vortex looks like it could assist with clearing; as well as gather everything up for me to pick up; but since it's hard to get the bp's for... yeah...)

- Volt (self-speed boosting and has a pretty large clear ring; only really really good if facing Corpus and very S#&$ty against Infested.)

Again I've opted out of the slower frames but will probably fall back to one after I get more suggestions :P. Moving along though; I'd probably only have Vitality/Redirection at about... 200% to free up space for some heftier mods. The big one will be Master Thief so I can access more lockers per mission. The normal Focus, Stretch, Continuity, Flow, and streamline would probably be the others used besides the warframe's abilities.

But anyways what have you guys used for solo farming? or any suggestions as to which warframe could preform this task well enough? This is mainly for farming Common and Uncommon resources and would probably only reach as high as level 30 or so mobs.

6 answers to this question

I use Frost, most important mods would be master thief, rush, snow globe.

After that it is memorizing the layout of the locations.

They end up having a very similar pattern so you know where to go to get most of the loot containers.

Thanks for the suggestions. It seems a lot of you like Frost, so I may try the feel of him. I was under the impression that it is also a good idea to kill all mobs since they can drop stuff as well.

For weapons I was thinking of using Orthos since its a fast heavy weapon. Sure it only staggers but its the fastest swinging heavy. I was also thinking of Hate; but it feels too slow.

I'm not too familiar with clan weaponry so am unsure if any of those are really really strong aoe; I know a lot of people use Torid.

Any suggestions for Primary/Secondary weapons?

EDIT: Here's what I've thought up for a Frost solo farmer mod setup (not accounting for bonus from aura)

Frost Farm Loadout: (60/60)

Warframe Mods: Rush(11), Vitality(6), Streamline(7), Flow(7)

Scratch Slots (7/5/1/2): Avalanche(13), Snow Globe(9), Freeze(2), Ice Wave(4)

Tactic Slot (7): Master Thief (13)

Defense Slot(7): Redirection(13)

Final stats (at rank 30):

Health: 500

Shields: 1050?

Armor: 150

Energy: 250

Sprint Speed: 2.7

Most likely the Aura used will be Energy Siphon, though if I wanted the bonus 14 it'd probably end up as either Physique or Rejuvination.

Health w/ Physique:

(if 30% of base): 570

(if 30% of total): 650

Edited by Ddublu