Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Master Thief Mod Improvements

Vitalidad

Master Thief, being a farming focused mod, should help reduce the time spent farming for resources. Right now, I feel it increases the time. While it works as advertised, it has a tendency to increase time in a mission without any extra rewards. Since I have that chance to open any red locker, I spend the time going up to each and ever one I come across. The issue is that, out of those lockers opened with the mod, I've obtain very little resources... or of anything else.

I have spent 10+ mission going around either solo or with a friend farming for the same material(s). The majority(95%) has been obtained the regular way. Really, having the mod around has mainly given me an insignificant-extra amount of credits and plenty of ammo. If I was looking for credits, I'll go for a void run. If I wanted ammo, the regular locker and crates provide enough.

If the Master Thief Mod had an increased chance of lockers(or just those opened by the mod) dropping the resources for that planet, it will then be a significant mod for farming. Yes, 10-15 mission may seem like very little to make any judgment. Yet, the amount of lockers check and opened while with the mod on have been a lot. Giving me a good feel for the mod.

p.s. I have mine at lvl 2.

Edited by Vitalidad

I use it max level. I find it fine when you go farm only.. meaning ignoring the enemies (let your sentinel deal with them) and only open lockers, crates and pick up the ressources of dead enemies (loot radar required). Mod works best on corpus ships because most lockers are there.. on other maps where more crates than lockers are present you can ditch the mod.

Never forget: The mod basically translates into "You have a 30% that you will get another chance on a recource". Nothin guaranteed. It's more RNG. If you can utilize the mod right it's a benefit.. if you just keep it along for normal missions it's a waste.

my 2 cents

Edited by Namacyst

I use it max level. I find it fine when you go farm only.. meaning ignoring the enemies (let your sentinel deal with them) and only open lockers, crates and pick up the ressources of dead enemies (loot radar required). Mod works best on corpus ships because most lockers are there.. on other maps where more crates than lockers are present you can ditch the mod.

Never forget: The mod basically translates into "You have a 30% that you will get another chance on a recource". Nothin guaranteed. It's more RNG. If you can utilize the mod right it's a benefit.. if you just keep it along for normal missions it's a waste.

my 2 cents

Yes, I've used it for mission where I focus on farming resources. I don't mind the enemies. It is just that I've notice that it hasn't made a real difference on the amount of resources I obtained in those missions. I still get the average result of bad, ok, great amounts of resources on mission. The mod does not appear to help since I obtain those resources from the crates, already green lockers and fallen enemies.

Yes I know it is based on the RNG(which isn't truly random). Yet, if I get good things out of regular lockers, I don't see why I get very little of anything from lockers opened with Master thief. Since I've spent that time going to each and every locker in a farming mission, then that extra time does not give a positive return to make it worth using so far.

I'll try again today or whenever I get back on. I was so excited that I obtained the mod, yet so far it only opens empty locker and those with little ammo in them. At least it works as advertised. 

Well, I guess what is all about - longer and slower walk instead of running. Ain't much of a effectiveness, more like letting drop the pace without loosing much of a farm spoils. Yes, it's not giving you much of the extra, but letting you catch up with those speedrunners who aims at saving seconds to get mission prize faster.

Edited by Icouldjustkissyou