The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Armor Conundrum.

Damagedice

100% Agree with OP - armor needs to be hard capped around 30% because at very high levels it invalidates the majority of your armory even with 90% piercing.  In fact, the piercing becomes mandatory.  The problem is simple, instead of adding difficulty it railroads you into a very, very narrow scope of weapons that are viable removing player choice and increasing lame clone builds/restriction of play styles. 

AI weapons will still domanite every other weapon if the damage of normal is reduced at 50%

Definitely. But DE seem to have stood by the amour mechanic for a long time so I'm just operating in a realistic scale.

EDIT: Rewrote what I said. I just realized it made little sense.

Edited by Duralumin

Definitely. But DE seem to have stood by the amour mechanic for a long time so I'm just operating in a realistic scale.

EDIT: Rewrote what I said. I just realized it made little sense.

DE Should Remove armor from the weakpoints or even better remove armor cuz enemies already has innate resistences to X damage in Y bodypart and adding armor to that is just a overkill.

DE Should Remove armor from the weakpoints or even better remove armor cuz enemies already has innate resistences to X damage in Y bodypart and adding armor to that is just a overkill.

Locational armor!  Now that's a novel solution :D  I like it.  It ups the viability of accurate weapons and encourages precision gun play. 

The downside though, grakata, gorgon, ect. are still left being rather sub par. 

What about, locational armor with thresholds?  Now, I'm not sure how difficult this would be to add in or viable but it would add quite a lot to game play and would solve a lot of issues.  Essentially after absorbing X amount of damage, armor would be rendered non functional (either in that location or entirely depending).  This gives low damage but armor ignore weapons a purpose, it allows precision gunners to shine, and it allows spray and pray weapons to do their thing and shine a bit too.