Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Desperately Needs a Token System

Tizodd

I know it's been mentioned before, but Warframe really needs a better reward system.  It seems like EVERY reward in the game is based on rng and rng alone (aside from early mission blueprints).  I just got my upteenth sculpture from sorties and was reminded of other mmo's where I grind raids and dungeons to get a form of end-game currency/token to buy end-game gear.  Why is [DE] so hell-bent on having everything based on rng?

I understand Warframe is free-to-play, and rng is a way to keep people coming back for more...but Warframe is a great game...It doesn't need a rng gimmick to keep people playing.  The gameplay itself is enjoyable.  All the rng is more of a deterent than anything else.

[DE], please implement some kind of token system at some point.  The rng gets old quickly.  Me and my friend often say we're running sorties to get our daily sculpture...it's that bad.

Tokens are nice and I wouldn't mind them.

However I don't think its what sorties need.

They need adaptive RNG. What does this mean?

Getting an item would make getting a copy less likely to happen next time, and also make all items of that rarity less likely to drop. This would decay over sorties.

A simple and elegant solution.

15 minutes ago, CremeFraicheX said:

If it is some kind of token reward wouldn't be it be similar to log in reward but only difference is that  we need to play the game? for sorties i mean.

No.  The way token systems work in other games is: you run a raid or dungeon to get a certain amount of tokens.  You can then take those tokens to a vendor who sells end-game gear.  In Warframe's case, sortie tokens could be saved up and used to buy items from the current sortie reward list (maybe legendary core should be kept as a really low rng reward).  A token system could even be applied to relics, making them feel a bit fairer.