Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blueprints, Materials, Orokin Catalysts/reactor And Forma

Vlord0147

I've been thinking that sometimes we have warframes and weapons that we didn't like because they don't fit in the way we play, and we even supercharged them or put a forma in them, therefore selling them for credits it would be a waste... 
So I thought of a way in which we can... recycle our warframes or weapons.
I was thinking in using something (I have not thought a name for it)  that can be bought with platinium and can also be found in alerts (Like the blueprint of Forma)

Using this object we could recycle our warframes in 2 different ways:

1) We could get our materials or components back, and lose our weapons/warframes blueprints.

2) We could get the blueprints of our weapons/warframes plus the blueprint of the orokin catalyst/reactor and the blueprint of forma (Just the blueprints), and lose our meterials/components. 
I think this is a fair system...

Ps: This is just my opinion and ideas that a friend told me, so I would like to hear what people think about it. 
Ps2: Sorry for my bad english.

This idea interests me a bit. I've had many times where I've needed to level a gun for mastery but didn't enjoy using it at all, and had to bitterly sell it for a minimal amount of credits when I finished with it. Would be nice to get back the mats that I wasted on something I didn't like. Hell, I would be okay with even getting some of the mats back, and not all of them. Anything more than about 2.5k credits back for something I spent probably more than 30k credits plus mats to make.

There could also be a possibility of getting just the reactor/catalyst/forma back completely at the cost of losing the blueprint and the mats for the frame, weapon, etc. Would be a nice feature.

My only issue is how would this affect the economy of Warframe. I can see anyone sitting on a bunch of unwanted level 30 weapons and frames and then just trashing them all for the mats, and suddenly he doesn't have to grind for anything for a while. Will this impact anything in game? Maybe not. But it's still reasonable to bring up the possible negatives with introducing a feature that can involve bypassing the system of needing to farm for mats (for example, trading mats), which is arguably a large part of this game.

Well if you didnt like the weapon or warframe why did you supercharge/forma it?

Because there are new things... for example I liked the Furax, but then the Kogake came out.. which is incredible and I like it...

And i regret putting an orokin catalyst in the Furax when the Kogake is better in my opinion.

This idea interests me a bit. I've had many times where I've needed to level a gun for mastery but didn't enjoy using it at all, and had to bitterly sell it for a minimal amount of credits when I finished with it. Would be nice to get back the mats that I wasted on something I didn't like. Hell, I would be okay with even getting some of the mats back, and not all of them. Anything more than about 2.5k credits back for something I spent probably more than 30k credits plus mats to make.

There could also be a possibility of getting just the reactor/catalyst/forma back completely at the cost of losing the blueprint and the mats for the frame, weapon, etc. Would be a nice feature.

My only issue is how would this affect the economy of Warframe. I can see anyone sitting on a bunch of unwanted level 30 weapons and frames and then just trashing them all for the mats, and suddenly he doesn't have to grind for anything for a while. Will this impact anything in game? Maybe not. But it's still reasonable to bring up the possible negatives with introducing a feature that can involve bypassing the system of needing to farm for mats (for example, trading mats), which is arguably a large part of this game.

True... I didn't think about Warframe's economy... so I'll let the DE decide if they are going to implement this system