Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken Ancient Infested Hitzones?

Pekku

While I personally do not like the appearance of the new Ancients, I try not to care too much about it since the nature of my issue is purely cosmetic... or is it?

Hitzones. Ever since they changed to the new model I have no idea where it's normal and piercing weak points are anymore. Shooting at the mangled horror that is supposed to be it's head doesn't appear to deal more damage than shooting it in the torso. The hitzones on the calves appear to be broken as well; shots go right through them, literally. At first I thought I was having trouble aiming due to lag, so I went on a solo mission with a Flux Rifle to test it out. I got Dethcube to stun one of 'em and proceeded to slowly sweep the Flux Rifle's laser beam across the lower legs. No hits register at all.

While we're on the subject of the Ancient Infesteds, I would also like to bring up the loss of an interesting and possibly tide-turning fighting tactic against the Ancients. Back then, they had a weak spot right on the top of their heads, so when they were slowly lumbering around with their heads tilted back, players had the option to flank and quickly take them down. Likewise when they started charging at a player, the player could take advantage of the Ancient's exposed head to deal massive damage. I believe mechanics that rewards skill and good aim is a very positive element in shooters, and should be encouraged.

As it stands right now, Ancients are just annoying bullet sponges that feels like a chore to fight, a mere shadow of what they used to be. Any opinions on the matter?

EDIT: Wrong word used.

Edited by Pekku

the hitbox on the ancients now does seem abit off.

Especially with regards to their lanky legs.

The right leg seems to have no hitbox while the left leg will register full dmg hits (tested with braton)

Legs are meant from the ancient's perspective not the players. ie if ancient is looking at you aim right!

the head weakpoint I'm still having a few problems registering headshots especially when ancient is on the move.

The only time when it seems to register properly is when they are stuck in bastille letting a shot off front on... have tried shooting from above with mixed results.

Hitboxes are definitely wonky. Personally i try to aim for the head with mixed results, sometimes getting the dmg bonus, sometimes not, even if i aim dead into their... squirmy... tantacle... mouth things. Getting headshots with a Glaive seems rather easy on the other hand.

I also tried aiming at the wobbly right arms (figured that would be the new weak spot, since it looked... well wobbly) but most of the times bullets just fly right through them.

Aiming at the legs i have a 70-80% hit with the rest missing like the arms.

The new ancients are just bugged to hell all around. Their models contort and stretch in clearly erroneous manners, their weakspots seem to be non-existent, their hitboxes are plain-old broken, their attack animations are inconsistent and weird, etc.

I'm not quite sure why DE added a clearly-unfinished enemy model to the game in such a blatantly broken state. I realize we're the testers, but damn, you don't even need to test beyond one mission to know this stuff is #*($%%@.

The new ancients are just bugged to hell all around. Their models contort and stretch in clearly erroneous manners, their weakspots seem to be non-existent, their hitboxes are plain-old broken, their attack animations are inconsistent and weird, etc.

I'm not quite sure why DE added a clearly-unfinished enemy model to the game in such a blatantly broken state. I realize we're the testers, but damn, you don't even need to test beyond one mission to know this stuff is #*($%%@.

You nailed it, Sir!

While I like their new appearance, their hitboxes ARE extremely buggy. Shooting their legs does absolutely nothing half the time, and headshots are extremely inconsistent. Not only that, but their attack speed and rate seem to have been INCREASED compared to before, they practically have zero wind-up before their arm stretch attacks now and they also chain attacks much faster (tested on a Healer, they definately hit faster than before). There's also the fact that Disruptors have exactly the same skin as Healers, not even a palette swap or anything. I feel like the new models were kinda rushed out with the rest of U9 without any fine tweaking.