Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improved Elemental Reactions

Mateodon

You know how enemies killed with freeze damage often shatter into chunks of ice?  I was thinking that the ice should hit nearby enemies, freezing them as well.  And that got me thinking the other elements should have similar effects.

Electric damage could arc to a nearby enemy, sort of like Tesla grenades.

Burning corpses could ignite other enemies that come into contact with the flames.

Armor Piercing kills could penetrate the initial target and hit another enemy (maybe I just want puncture without wasting 13 mod points :P )

The damage from these effects should be minimal to prevent chain reactions, but it would add a little variety to mod selection.  Make the chance to proc scale with amount of elemental damage, and in the event of multiple elements dealing equal damage let the RNG figure out which one procs...  OR Make the chance to proc scale with mod rank...

Edited by Mateodon

no... just no... that would break games for low-end computers.and make us, the tenno even OP.

lolwut? The ice shatter visual is already in the game, tesla has an electric arc, there are fire hazards and puncture mechanics exist, how would this concept strain a low-end computer anymore than that?

As far as it being OP:

The damage from these effects should be minimal to prevent chain reactions

I don't think dealing 5 damage to nearby enemies would be OP, and keep in mind it's not guaranteed to proc on every kill (I'd say 50% max).

Edited by Mateodon