Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] [Market] Crazy Uncle Hek's Resource Emporium And Black Market

ZanderArch

With the release of Update 9, we saw the addition of resources for sale in the Platinum Market. While I won't comment on player acceptance of this concept, I will suggest changes to it. I've had this idea knocking around in my head a while, and Update 9 seems like a good time to get it out there.

First things first, remove resources from the market. The sheer number of resources clutters up the equipment tab of the market and just doesn't look that good. Instead, replace all of them one item, Resource Tokens.

Resource Tokens share the Platinum cost of resources, 10 Plat for 1 Token and Tokens retain the exchange rate of Platinum for Resources.

1 Resource Token is worth 1 rare resource, 300 uncommon resources, or 3,000 common resources.

Like the credit pack, you could also include a bundle deal, say 5 Tokens for 40 Platinum.

Now, where do you spend these Resource Tokens? On the Black Market (Preferably Crazy Uncle Hek's)!

Now, the Black Market needs to be different from the regular Market to make it worth having them separate. So, the Black Market will allow for selling as well as buying, or trading.

Ideally, you could trade a large sum of resources for a Token, something like 4 times the worth of the Token.

4 Rare resources, 1,200 uncommon resources, or 12,000 common resources would get you 1 Token.

The main idea behind this whole Black Market is to reduce grind by shifting it from specific places to farm, to a more generalized idea that you'll always be working towards anything you want no matter where you are, even if the pace is slower, you'll still be making progress.

Pros:

-Grind is lessened somewhat

-Resource drop rates are less debated

-Resource market is more open and not hidden behind a pay wall

-Modular token system could be expanded upon (Rename them from Resource Tokens to some kind of Black Market currency, Hek Bucks or something.)

-Equipment tab is less cluttered

-Can finally get rid of NANO SPORES

Cons:

-New UI element adds some clutter, might need to rearrange the menu bar

-Resource market isn't behind a pay wall, lessening possible income due to players farming instead of buying

-Grind is still very much a thing

I don't know why Hek should be crazy, but hell, I agree!

Did you ever hear his, "Give Uncle Hek a hug!" line? The guy is nuts. Plus, he's crazy enough to be named after a gun, or he's crazy enough to have a gun named after him.