Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FPS Drop After Increasing Resolution

BarettaPrime

Hello,

I recently built a new desktop rig that ran Warframe at max settings with honestly no framerate loss whatsoever. Without any real tweaking the game ran so clearly that I did not bother wondering what my fps was. However, after replacing my single 1440x1080 LCD monitor with two 1920x1080 LED monitors, the frames of the game do not even reach 20fps standing still. I am not sure whether it is a hardware setting or a game setting because the fps drop is not consistent across all of my games. High quality/resource dependent games I have such as Overwatch, Black Desert Online, and Conan Exiles all run at max settings with no detriment under this increased resolution. Yet Warframe, which usually is the least of my worries graphically, has had the most problems.

I am running with an Intel i7 processor, 16gb RAM, a GTX1070 gpu and an Asus Mobo that should be more than enough to handle Warframe. It was more than enough to handle the game until I increased my resoution.

Does anyone have any tips for setting adjustments after increasing the resolution?

For now I am going to assume it has to do with the monitors being split between the MoBo and GPU. I have ordered a couple DisplayPort/HDMI cables that will both plug into the GPU and possibly offer more consistency. I still do not believe it fully explains the graphical drop-off from increasing the resolution.