Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Health And Shield Mod Issue [Tl;dr Included]

Aizeol

Apparently the issue is that the mods increase the base value of both health and shields. My issue now is that the mods don't say that themselves.

I shouldn't have to look outside of the game to figure out how a basic mechanic works.

Original Post

This might be a bug, and if so this topic will be moved.

I noticed while playing that both Redirection and Vitality are not operating as they should be. They both are shown to give a +% to health and shields. However, as I was playing I did some quick math and discovered they aren't dealing with percentages, nor do they add the number they display.

With my Nova at rank 30, her shields/health are 225/300 unmodded.

Mod Screen

In-Game

When I put on my Redirection (+200% shields) and Vitality (+240% health) mods, she only gets a shield/health of 375/540.

Mod Screen with Redirection

Mod Screen with Vitality

In-Game

That means she is only getting +150 to her shields (which is completely wrong) and +240 to her health (which is wrong because that's not how adding a percentage works).

To make sure it wasn't something wrong with Nova, I repeated my process with my Loki (Rank 16).

Again, his shields and health were increased, but not by the amount listed on the mod. His shields/health went from 150/165 to 300/345. This is an increase of +150/+180 which, again, is not the advertised +200%/+240%.

Mod Screen

In-Game (No mods)

Mod Screen with Redirection

Mod Screen with Vitality

In-Game with Mods

If my Loki's shield and health were increased as described it would go from 150/165 to 450/561.

My main issue is that the mods are labeled incorrectly. If this is the intended level that my warframe is supposed to be at, that's fine. I don't believe this is the case though. I think that the formula is either messed up, or not at all what is advertised.

If I have a +200% mod, then whatever it is modifying should be 3x what it currently is not simply +200 more.

TL;DR?

The health and shield mods are either labeled incorrectly, or aren't working like they should be.

Edit:

I am unable to embed the images because, sadly, I am "not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Edited by Aizeol

The mods increase the BASE value of their health and shields, not the values at max rank.

So for Nova:

Health at base is 100. 100*1+240% = 340.

Add in the health gained from ranking her to max: 340+200 = 540 HP

Same goes for shields: 75*1+200% = 225

Then you add in the shields gained from ranking: 225+150 = 375 to shields.

Edited by Stefe

Its from the base value ie the health you have at lvl 1 for loki starting at 75 health at level 1 when you put a 200% vitality mod on him you will be getting 150hp it is like this for all mods that advertise adding a percentage increase

The mods increase the BASE value of their health and shields, not the values at max rank.

Health/shield mods give % bonus based on frame base shield/health. Topic can closed.

Its from the base value ie the health you have at lvl 1 for loki starting at 75 health at level 1 when you put a 200% vitality mod on him you will be getting 150hp it is like this for all mods that advertise adding a percentage increase

And that can't be on the mod itself because...?

Did u do some research before all this?

• The increase to hp/shield capacity is applied to the base (rank 0) shield capacity of the warframe, before increases from leveling is taken into account.

No sadly. My point is the mod itself doesn't say any of that. I'm not asking for it to be increased, just that the mod actually reflect what it does.

All it would have to say is +200% base Shield/Health

So that one guy asks the question on the forums from time to time.^...^

That just seems impractical :P

Edited by Aizeol

Again, that's fine. Why did I have to look outside the game to find that out?

Because the game is awful at labelling stats and the effects of mods. So you're right, it should be ingame. All this stuff should.

Most thing use base stats, yes. There is one exception though! Alt helmet stat penalties affect the final value after modding and such, not the base.