The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Concept Artwork] - Feral Wf - Cat Wf

Nasmodok

I really like the look. But I dont think the quadrupedal running is a good idea. The viewpoint is behind the frame, so if the frame goes down to run all you can see is his butt. I guess it wouldnt be very epic. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, a few little thoughts on the animations and abilities of this particularly amazing frame concept.

As it has been said, the idea for all her animations being more or less completely unique is something a little...insane. I mean, while having completely unique animations for every frame would be awesome, but we have 19 unique Warframes (Not inclusive of Primes, I see them as a shiny re-skin with some added polarity). To have unique animations for each would, while adding a lot of personality to each, be fairly taxing on an already hard worked dev team. If they were to do a frame by frame update, starting with something as unique as this, call it Animations 2.0 or something, I think that'd work, but probably way down the road.

And now to my second point, probably the most fun, abilities!

1: Sever - *Insert Warframe name here* slashes wildly, using her razor sharp claws to tear at enemies.

12 Power per cast base.

No duration.

This ability is something between Banshee's Sonic Boom and Valkyr's Hysteria. A three part ability, each costing 12 energy. The first strike would be something of a forward uppercut with her right hand, the second being a downward slash with her left, the third being an arcing outward slash with both hands, starting in the middle. Would deal slash damage with a 25% chance to proc for bleed. Would be affected by strength mods, with a slight range increase for stretch as well. Also, as it is a multi-faceted ability, the energy cost could be tweaked as needed for balancing purposes.

2: Slip Away - *Insert Warframe name here* skulks into the shadows, becoming briefly invisible to evade or ambush her enemies.

50 power per cast.

5 Second duration (can be tweaked)

Now, this is something akin to Loki's Invisibility, however with a much shorter duration. While it would buff melee, as well as personal movement speed for its short duration, its main use would be stealth, ambush and movement. This, I feel would work well with the theme of this frame, in the fact that felines are experts at ambushing prey. Would be affected by duration mods.

3: Agility - *Insert Warframe name here* heightens her agile nature, becoming able to dodge some incoming attacks.

75 Power.

12.5 Second Duration.

Her main defensive ability, something similar to turbulence. While active, she would be able to dodge a portion of incoming attacks, using her feline reflexes. The higher the rank of the card, the more she can dodge. Would be affected by duration mods.

4: - Feral - *Insert Warframe name here* roars wildly, moving down to all fours to run as her feline namesake, granting her increased movement speed, damage resistance and wild, brutal slashes.

100 Power.

15 sec duration.

Half slash dash, half Hysteria. Essentially, this is active you become slightly resistant to damage (Not like the invincible Valkyr), with largely increased movement speed, knockdown reduction and a melee slash with both hands. Best used for clearing hallways, it would have some movement utility, but would mostly be great for clearing lines of enemies. Would be affected by strength, duration and range mods.

Defensively I think she'd fall into the same sort of category as the Queen of Butts (Ember), having 100/100/15 in health, shields and armor respectively, with 150 base power. However, her stamina should be a bit higher, at 150 points.

Now, I wanted to talk about passives. Zephyr has an ability that can be considered something of a passive, in that her jumps and falls feel somewhat floaty. As cats (Big and small) are expert climbers, it would stand to reason that this frame would be somewhat more proficient at wall running, in that she could wall run for a bit longer as well as a bit faster than other frames. Could be discussed.

Either way I think that this frame is one of my favorite concept frames I've seen. If, and I do stress if, this frame would be added to the game, I'd want her as soon as she was released. If I'm thread jacking with my long and fairly wordy post, it was not my intention. I just think that this would add a certainly interesting flavor to the current Warframe lineup.

My brother drew these but he wasn't sure how to get them on the forums.

Rebecca said they check out the Fan art pages each day, so I figured this would be the best place to drop this off at.  Hopefully it's good timing since there was mention of a cat/feral WF in our near future.

Feral WF

* Runs on all fours.

* Generally hunched over 90% of the time.

(Edit: Bubble added, comments from the artist)

Artwork displays a possible dagger holding stance, as well as dagger holsters on the calf muscles.

Both my brother and I greatly prefer the head on the right.

Enjoy!

1odr.jpg

why the had on the left makes it look more like guyver

• 1 month later...

Looks pretty suitable to be Valkyr's proto skin.

I actually like that! Either being a standalone warframe or an alternate form for Valkyr is all fine for me, i just want this in the game! i would totaly get some plats just for this! :D

• 3 months later...

My brother drew these but he wasn't sure how to get them on the forums.

Rebecca said they check out the Fan art pages each day, so I figured this would be the best place to drop this off at.  Hopefully it's good timing since there was mention of a cat/feral WF in our near future.

Feral WF

* Runs on all fours.

* Generally hunched over 90% of the time.

(Edit: Bubble added, comments from the artist)

Artwork displays a possible dagger holding stance, as well as dagger holsters on the calf muscles.

Both my brother and I greatly prefer the head on the right.

Enjoy!

1odr.jpg

+1