Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Main Reason Why I Like Alert Missions

wfrawn

It has been suggested several times already and this is yet another way to say Warframe could be significantly improved by generally making it easier/quicker to find a squad:

There are far fewer alert missions than normal missions, players tend to flock to alert missions, so finding a squad for an alert mission is much quicker than finding a squad for a normal mission.

The same is true to a lesser extent for nightmare missions.

The rewards for those missions are nice, but even nicer is that i don't have to spend a lot of time fruitlessly hovering the mouse pointer over each (normal) mission one at a time, for each planet and moon in turn, to find a multiplayer opportunity.

It's true that alert missions get more matchmakin success, somehow.

Altho the missions you have set as "nightmare" are not "nightmare" for everybody at the same moment. They rotate, and only when you have the planet cleared. The host decides what type of mission you play.

1) Host has NM unlocked and hosts, other players in this game obviously have NM mode and also the reward for it

2) Host has normal mission, you join him (with NM unlocked), the game is normal, no special reward and no NM difficulty

hope you get this :)

It's true that alert missions get more matchmakin success, somehow.

I think the reason is very simple: same number of players & fewer missions = more players per mission = quicker matchmaking

It means that the often used strategy of adding missions/quests/zones during the lifetime of an mmo in an attempt to prolong its life is counterproductive to the core purpose of the game (multiplayer), and because of that is partially counterproductive to the goal of prolonging the game's life.

Altho the missions you have set as "nightmare" are not "nightmare" for everybody at the same moment. They rotate, and only when you have the planet cleared. The host decides what type of mission you play.

1) Host has NM unlocked and hosts, other players in this game obviously have NM mode and also the reward for it

2) Host has normal mission, you join him (with NM unlocked), the game is normal, no special reward and no NM difficulty

NM is random per client? (of course only for regions for which the client with all missions unlocked).

I didn't know that. So although my point is true for alert missions it is not true for NM.

Doesn't 'NM = random per client' it mean that if a mission is marked as nightmare for me, i can not join a squad that is doing that mission in normal mode? That's unfortunate because i'd rather play a mission in normal and not play it NM, than not play a mission (multiplayer) at all.