Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lokis Decoy, Must Be Improved!

The7thGuardian

Okay, Loki's decoy is fine for its usefulness, but the looks of the decoy doesn't seem like a decoy to me, looks like a white figure, which slightly looks like you, just randomly shoots at nothing with no damage at all, just standing there until he disappears and destroyed. 

My suggestion here is to make the decoy look like the player which is using Loki. Like when he puts Decoy, the Decoy looks like him, with all the colors and weapons that you can see from it. Plus, it is moving with animations, running and jumping, with a good AI system, to improve realism and to be useful in Duels, to trick your opponents. 

The Decoy will not apply any damage, but has the label of the Player, with the players amount of shield and health.

My suggestion for Loki is when he does it in Duel and in missions, he will make a flash with light, while deploying the holographic Decoy, making both opponents and enemies confused. 

If this was accepted and Loki will be fixed with my suggestion, I will often use Loki, due to his awesomeness on Decoy.

The decoy will act like a mirror, but all animations will act like a mirror, there will be slightly different routines the Decoy will go, and targeting where the Loki is targeting at.

Well, it may sound as self-promotion, but a little while ago I pooped out a concept for a frame with decoy-like ability. And since it won't see the light of day with 99% probability, I see no harm in putting it at least to some use. The idea was to make a holo-decoy that would do exactly what you did but with "n" delay, effectively forcing you not to stop moving, or it would catch up with you and your hitboxes would match. I think it will spare the AI requirements for the decoy and won't let it headbutt all the corners.

Advertizing myself shamlessly....

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/84241-loki-rework/

Loki Rework thread.

I actually like the idea of Loki's Decoy mirroring him but dealing no damage. It would be hard to implement though. For example, What if you jump on a platform, and there's a wall in front of your Loki, not a platform? Does he just continue running at the wall?

Someone in my rework thread also suggested how ridiculous the Loki Decoy looks just standing there.