The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raptor - A Redesign Concept

Madotsuki

I originally made this concept several months ago, back before Update 7 even went live. Now with Update 9 and the introduction of an actual Osprey boss, the Raptor, I think i speak for a lot of people when i say that i found the Raptor...underwhelming. So, here's my concept for a redesigning of Raptor to make it a more unique and challenging boss fight.

vultureb.jpg

The numerical data such as health and damage can be altered around since a LOT has changed in terms of player power since I first came up with the concept.

The arena will be a large open icy plateau with some rocks and small icebergs to take cover behind. The map (Corpus Outpost) will also be at night instead of under daylight. While it's mostly just a change in the skybox and lighting, it'll make a major difference in the atmosphere and make the fight much more spectacular. Something along the lines of this:

preview_ArcticNight800x600.jpg

So, thoughts?

if your idea of insta kill Things is fun then we are not on the same page.. i like your ideas with more complicated stuff.. but a boss that has guided missiles where you cannot hide is bad design. forces you to use a frost and his snowglobe for it to even be fun.

id like an boss that interact with the enviroment.. and not just being psycho terminator of Tennos.

if your idea of insta kill Things is fun then we are not on the same page.. i like your ideas with more complicated stuff.. but a boss that has guided missiles where you cannot hide is bad design. forces you to use a frost and his snowglobe for it to even be fun.

id like an boss that interact with the enviroment.. and not just being psycho terminator of Tennos.

The point of the guided missiles is that there is a distinct "tell" before the missiles are released, which gives you ample time to run for cover, which i said would be strewn plentifully around the arena. Also, i never said the missiles would have perfect guiding -_- Plus, these rockets can be shot down, which is more than can be said for Hyena's or Raptor's rockets.

As for Instant Kills, the only actual "insta-kill" move it has is the Ion Cannon, and quite frankly, I'd think getting struck by a bloody Ion Cannon, which has 2 seconds of charge time with extremely noticeable visual and audio cues and no target leading can justify an instant kill. Even Jackal, who is the second boss of the game, has an instant kill move, and Phorid's "psychic darts" are a much more overpowered insta-kill move.