Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quality Of Life Suggestions

Evauia

I have a few suggestions to improve QoL while playing Warframe.  Any arguments, comments or additional suggestions are much appreciated.

1.  Chat/Social UI Improvements - The chat and social systems in the game just feel clunky to me.  It is just tedious to message someone or even more so to reply to a message while in a game.  I would like to see a /reply function or simply /r so you don't have to type in someones name to reply to them.  If there is already something like this in place please let me know as I have no found it.  Also when you are in a game, if you go to Menu->Contacts it only lets you invite them it doesn't allow you to choose "Send Message".  It would also be nice to simply have a Hotkey you can push in game that bring up your Contacts List for easy access for messaging or inviting.

2.  Grouping - It is very annoying that after a Void Run, the group is disbanded.  I have also seen alot of bugs where suddenly it says someone you just had in your game is unable to invited because they are invalid or you invite them and either you or them cannot see Squad chat.  Furthermore, I would like to see groups remain more static.  Like I should be able to keep a group of players together and choose a Void mission while we are grouped up.  It makes it so much more tedious (that word again) when I have to select the void mission and then invite people and then decide we want to run something different or even accidentally hit ESC and then have to remake the group.  Also, groups should be able to allow any player to use a void key and then they just simply become the host when the map starts.  Stop making us disband and re invite all over the place using this clunky social system.

3.  Credit Sinks - It is no secret that many players that are very active or have been playing for a long time have absurb amounts of credits with nothing to spend them on.  Allow us to use these absurb amount to pay for things that are COMPLETE platinum/money grabs like rushing a foundry item.  I call this a platinum grab because you are simply playing for time which you already gave enough of collecting the items you need to craft said item.  I would pay 500,000 for normal weapons, 1 mil for Prime Weapons or 1.5 Mil for Warframes and so on to rush the crafting time.

Another sink could come in the form of trading, if it is added.  We don't want everyone to be able to trade any rare mod they want too easily.  Make players buy a Trading Token or whatever for 1 Mil or make it proportionate to the rarity of whats being traded.  Give us a reason to not fly through missions skipping all the crates and lockers with credits in them because we actually need these credits to pay for items or services.  Not to mention make Void Keys that you have all the BPs from still viable because you need the credits.

4.  Item Store -  I am sure alot of people would agree that using the item store is unnecessarily annoying.  You can only buy one of a particular item at a time and before you purchase another one you have to equip the previous one.  What is that?  Let us buy multiple items at a time.  Also give us some more useful items to purchase like Revives, Sentinel Revives and Energy.  Also give a more functional way to place them in your inventory.  Why can't we just drag and drop?

5.  Auto Sprint - My pinky hurts!  We all basically sprint all over the place unless we are trying to scale something/find a climb up point or activating an elevator or terminal.  Give us an option to turn on auto sprint that would basically active when you move and your stamina is full and only stops when you run out of stamina.  We all know that we slide-jump, slide-jump all over the place to not run out of stamina... stop making me hold down an extra key ALL the time.

**Derp - There is a toggle sprint in the Key bindings as stated by Mythrex**

These are just some that I have been thinking about and I am sure I left some out.  I would like to keep this thread just about QoL issues.  There are many other gameplay, weapon and warframe issues but lets save that for another topic.  Would like to hear everyone's thoughts.  Thanks for reading.

Edited by Xavyn

I also wanted to add.

6.  Mod Swapping/Removing -  It would be really nice to be able to save mod loadouts for different frames and a button that will remove all mods from a frame.  Its annoying to have to find the end of your mod pages for open slots and then drag all of your mods over to it.  We should be able to simply click remove mods and have them placed back in inventory and then you swap the frame and click "Load Mod Set 1" or "Mod Set 2" and so on to place the mods for that particular warframes build for a upcoming run.

I wanna see Forum/In-game synergy. Being able to add friends on the forum and having that friends list transition into your in-game contacts. 

Yeah that could be useful as well.  Would help with community in general.  First they need to fix these bugs where it will suddenly say a person who just messaged you or you wee just grouped with is invalid and act like they dont exist.

So yeah there is a toggle sprint after all but it doesn't really work like I think it should.  I want morelike an Auto-Sprint that doesn't turn off unless I turn it off.  Not a sprint that turns off whenever I stop sprinting if that makes sense.

I also wanted to add.

6.  Mod Swapping/Removing -  It would be really nice to be able to save mod loadouts for different frames and a button that will remove all mods from a frame.  Its annoying to have to find the end of your mod pages for open slots and then drag all of your mods over to it.  We should be able to simply click remove mods and have them placed back in inventory and then you swap the frame and click "Load Mod Set 1" or "Mod Set 2" and so on to place the mods for that particular warframes build for a upcoming run.

While I personally love the idea, as soon as I suggested this to a friend I realized the issues with it:

1. You click "Load Mod Set 1".  That set doesn't actually exist anymore because you upgraded your flow from that set so you no longer have a rank 6 card - its rank 7 now.  What is that action supposed to do? Try and load with the upgraded card? If not, which of the cards that match the current level?  What if that card is on another frame? 

2. You click "Load Mod Set 2"  One of the cards from the set is currently on another frame.  What should it do? Remove the card from the other frame?  Indicate the card is in use on another frame? What if multiple are in use on other frames?  Even worse, what if one of them is an aura that by removing would mean that another frame is over cost because of the reduced points available?

One possible solution to both would be for the "suits" to go in a locker of some sort.  But, that is just one other place that we could have mods stashed that we forget about or have to go looking. 

I remember using a template or suit addon for another game at one time and it was handy!  I would just caution DE to fully vet the idea.  I mean hell, we are in Beta so why not?  :)  There are just a lot of gotchas for this type of an addition.  That being said, I still think its a great idea!

While I personally love the idea, as soon as I suggested this to a friend I realized the issues with it:

1. You click "Load Mod Set 1".  That set doesn't actually exist anymore because you upgraded your flow from that set so you no longer have a rank 6 card - its rank 7 now.  What is that action supposed to do? Try and load with the upgraded card? If not, which of the cards that match the current level?  What if that card is on another frame? 

2. You click "Load Mod Set 2"  One of the cards from the set is currently on another frame.  What should it do? Remove the card from the other frame?  Indicate the card is in use on another frame? What if multiple are in use on other frames?  Even worse, what if one of them is an aura that by removing would mean that another frame is over cost because of the reduced points available?

One possible solution to both would be for the "suits" to go in a locker of some sort.  But, that is just one other place that we could have mods stashed that we forget about or have to go looking. 

I remember using a template or suit addon for another game at one time and it was handy!  I would just caution DE to fully vet the idea.  I mean hell, we are in Beta so why not?  :)  There are just a lot of gotchas for this type of an addition.  That being said, I still think its a great idea!

For #1, when you upgrade a mod you need to confirm all the set's that include that mod, and if it exceed's the limit you have to adjust.

For #2 this problem wouldn't exist, as you would need to select a suit/weapon and a mod set rather than individual mods.

I like the idea and have always thought there's no reason to "hide" the mod in an unused suit/weapon, we still have access to it they just make us have to retrieve it for some reason.

So yeah there is a toggle sprint after all but it doesn't really work like I think it should.  I want morelike an Auto-Sprint that doesn't turn off unless I turn it off.  Not a sprint that turns off whenever I stop sprinting if that makes sense.

It works like it should. What you're asking for is an "always run" toggle. It's not necessarily bad, it's just that toggle sprint works as I've seen it work in every game that has toggle sprint. I don't think this is one area where Warframe should break the mold. But "always run," sure why not. I wouldn't use it, but I don't see it being too bad. Default off, of course.

#6 was in the game briefly but it broke a lot of stuff, so DE took it out. They seem to be interested in getting it back in... one day.

#3 is a simple suggestion but has far reaching effects (not really a good thing). It's just going to be tough for DE to balance this right and still have plat sales. If they implemented the Spiral Knights currency market, however, I think it could easily work. Rather than everything costing either credits or plat, they should only cost one or the other, and allow the market to drive the sales of plat with the desire for credits. I'll put up with the fluctuating exchange rate whining threads just like the SK forums have!

The rest are all things that should have happened long ago. Hopefully that stuff will be crammed in by launch this Fall.

Or change it into an "Armory Board" (who has played that other game's beta?).