Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Defense

FatRefrigerator

The concept on this idea is simple: defend your clan's dojo from invaders.

What happens before the attack:

The dojo defense mission type would only activate for a clan when at least 4 members are online and active(not sure if there is AFK detection or not). When your dojo is going to be attacked all clan members that are online will, whether in game or not, receive a Lotus-type transmission(instead of the lotus face displayed next to the message, it would be the clan's emblem or just the Lotus emblem if the clan does not have one). The transmission would tell the members that there is a (Corpus, Grineer, Infested, etc.) attack imminent upon the dojo and that they have 10 minutes before the attack begins. The 10 minute timer is to give time to members that are in-game to finish and get to the dojo. Once players have entered the dojo, they will all spawn into the Clan Hall(or Great Hall, whichever is the one you start with, I can't remember). There the members will wait until the timer expires. While the timer is counting down, all doors in the dojo will be locked, once the timer expires, all the doors will unlock. Once the attack begins, no players may join the dojo until after wave 7 is completed where there will be a 3 minute timer to allow for reinforcements to join, and any players that leave during the 3 minutes will receive a mission complete for participating, however if all players leave the dojo will be considered abandoned and the overall mission lost and penalties incurred.

What happens during the attack:

Once the initial 10 minute countdown has finished, a wave counter will replace it and countdown 15 waves of attacks. The enemies will be level 25-35 throughout the attack and the number of enemies(difficulty) will scale according to the number of members online at the time that the initial timer began. In the 15 seconds between any given wave the enemies may randomly decide to switch their target and 2 HP bars similar to the typical defense mission ones will appear with the names of random dojo rooms and those rooms' locations will have objective icons on the minimap. When this happens players must split up and go defend the two locations. If a room is lost it will no longer be selected as a random target, however, the defense mission will continue. At the end of the 15th wave all players need to return to the Clan Hall for immediate extraction.

What happens after the attack:

I'm not sure what type of rewards should be given for a successful defense. As far as losses go, here's how I break it down(the penalties for failure may seem steep, but they're meant to encourage participation and teamwork).

Penalties:

No one heeded the call and the dojo was empty when the initial timer ran out:

Any dojo rooms planning for construction will lose any resources contributed and any rooms being constructed will have their timers reset, even if platinum was used. If no rooms were in the planning/construction phase then 2 randomly selected rooms will be "destroyed" and must be given 5 forma each to unlock and then the unlocking process will take 48 hours from that point.

All players left the battle during the mission, abandoning the dojo, or all players died:

The same penalties as above except only half of the resources will be lost and the timers will only go back halfway. Additionally, any rooms lost during the mission and any rooms that were being defended at the time of mission failure will be "locked".

Mission successful, but rooms were lost:

Any rooms lost will be "locked".

So that's pretty much all I've got on this idea so far, if any of y'all have suggestions or comments I'd love hear them in a reply, but please try to keep it constructive.

But also keep in mind they'll likely keep it down to a selectable mode, with good reason.

I wouldn't want what you just suggested, at least not when I just want to run around and do dojo stuff. I'm specifically in the dojo because I'm not trying to fight in the main game. I'm there to run the obstacle course, craft weapons, add more rooms, or do some 1v1 dueling. I'm not there to... fight a bunch of Grineer. Again.

It's supposed to be a serene place. You addressed what happens to everyone, and I hate it. I really do. Players have to wait in the hall for other players to play their 10 minute or longer "defense" mission? Just to be able to move around the dojo and do dojo things? This is why the dojo should not be invaded like this. It's not meant for this. DE said it was an interesting idea, but by no means said invasions would happen. I'm sure if anything were implemented, it would be instanced off to keep from interfering with normal dojo activity, and anyone not opting in can avoid it.

Don't get me wrong about interesting ideas for games. I would love to see dynamic events out in the world of WF, a drop ship appearing and dropping down a horde of Grineer, a pod flies down from the sky, slams into the ground, the walls collapse, and 12 fusion moas spring out. Hyena bursts through a wall like the Kool-Aid Man and proceeds to tear the Tenno a new one. But I'm there to fight, and those things make sense and keep things interesting. I'm not in the dojo for that and I don't think that should change.

I want to be constructive, but I can't suggest much more than to keep this mode entirely separate from the dojo, which completely invalidates your whole concept. It's a good idea for a new way to fight, but I don't think it belongs in the dojo, and I don't think it should affect your rooms, resources, etc just because you wanted to run an obstacle course.

Edited by gell