Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Absorb Glitched?

RookieKingu

Started playing nyx today and it seems that everytime I use absorb, minimal or no damage is delt despite the fact that there were lots of creeps attacking it, and you always seem to get downed right after absorb finishes. I noticed too that the more creeps around you when absorb is active, the more likely you will take fatal damage or get downed.

Also sentinel will get frozen and electricuted when exiting absorb.

Absorb sucks really bad. Not only can you not move or type or anything for 10-20 seconds, the damage seems to be limited to like maybe 10 meters, and the damage is reduced by a percentage by how far they are from you, and if theyre behind cover... or even another unit, they'll take no damage.

Currently Absorb is the crappiest of all Ults because of this. Ive seen tier 1 and 2 skills that are better than this POS. They need to change it so...

1= you can float/move around in your bubble, as well as type.

2= make the bubble last half as long but reflect like twice as much damage as it receives. Maybe this can scale with the Focus mod?

3= the damage needs to hit everything regardless of cover, and should also deal full damage over its whole area of effect.

4= Not sure really on what the range is, but I think the range of the explosion probably needs to be bigger too.

5= The damage needs to ignore armor. In fact, I believe all frame ultimate powers should ignore armor.

While were talking about Nyx though, heres some other suggestions for her other abilities.

Mindcontrol= Get rid of power in use. Let us cast it on more than one target, or refresh the time on a currently mind controlled target. Also get rid of the stun effect on mind control so the person we cast it on has a chance to fight back before being slaughtered.

Psychic Bolts= It deals like half as much damage as shuriken, costs twice as much MP to cast, requires twice as much mod capacity to equip, AND the darts have buggy pathfinding making it pretty much useless. Address this by either buffing the damage or lower the cost to cast it, also lower the amount of mod capacity it takes to equip. Dont forget to fix the pathfinding either.

Chaos= Pretty much awesome the way it is already, but get rid of the power in use. You can have multiple nyx's that can cast it on top of one another already without breaking anything, so I dont see what the technical problem is why she can only cast it once. Duration mods on this ability actually make it WORSE since it makes it even longer before you can cast it again.

Edited by unmog

why even mc? just hit that 3 key... why in the world with 450 eng max stream/stretch etc.. would u want  to use ur 1st ability? who would do that? if ur good at nyx u should know that u can remove ur clickers for ur mouse and remove everything on our keyboard besides ur w key and 3 key. and ur set.. u will still do way more than ur teammates who try their hardest to do dmg.! never us mc EVER!

why even mc? just hit that 3 key... why in the world with 450 eng max stream/stretch etc.. would u want  to use ur 1st ability? who would do that? if ur good at nyx u should know that u can remove ur clickers for ur mouse and remove everything on our keyboard besides ur w key and 3 key. and ur set.. u will still do way more than ur teammates who try their hardest to do dmg.! never us mc EVER!

And here I was expecting a serious response from you Tea :p Shoulda known better.

I think all frames should have all of their abilities be good, not just one or two. For instance I'm liking all of Rhino's now as they're all useful. Hes got a movement based charge attack, a defensive skin, a team damage buff and a ult that ignores armor and stuns everything around him. Granted I do think Iron Skin needs a little more work, it should slowly degrade overtime about the same speed that you lose shields when a space window is broken but at the same time it should let you recast it to completely refresh the effect before it finishes and get rid of the annoying power in use bug. And there needs to be some visual que to its current health... maybe even just adding additional shield or something so you can see where you are.

Point being there should be more to Nyx than just using Chaos, and even Chaos has it's problems like I mentioned. Personally Id prefer some new abilities, I dont really see her using damage stuff like psychic bolts. Wish she had a team buff or a defensive shield bubble she could place like Frost and Volt.

Edited by unmog