Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jitte - Melee Weapon Concept

PrimedFlawedAmmoDrum

"In feudal Japan, it was a crime punishable by death to bring a sword into the shogun's palace. This law applied to almost everyone, including the palace guards. Due to this prohibition, several kinds of non-bladed weapons were carried by palace guards. The jitte proved particularly effective and evolved to become the symbol of a palace guard's exalted position."From wikipedia

The Jitte has always been a favorite martial weapon of mine, so I began toying with the concept of a Jitte in Warframe.

Stats:

Dagger-type Melee Weapon

Attack Speed: 1.0
Channeling Damage: 1.5x
Block resist: 35%

Total Damage: 45
        35 Puncture
        10 Impact

Crit Chance: 10%
Crit Multiplier: 2.0x

Status Chance: 35%

Slam Attack: 90
Slide Attack: 96
Wall Attack: 125

Stats - Discussion:

This weapon is a Dagger, but it doesn't deal any slash damage. The point of a Jitte is that it is not a bladed weapon, it is more akin to a rod. Stabs from the sharpened tip of a Jitte would puncture target, however it could also be used like a baton, hence the impact damage.

The Jitte is not designed to be a Critical Chance weapon, but rather a status weapon. Dagger's are mostly known for the Covert Lethality mod and their quick attack animations, I want the Jitte to break away from that.

With the exception of the Dark Dagger and its variant the Rakta Dark Dagger, Dagger-type weapons are not used often in Warframe. (As per Dagger weapon Riven Dispositions, found on the Warframe Wiki, November 2nd, 2017) The Jitte is designed to be a more used dagger, with it's Stats built toward a potential Status Build, without it being too overpowered.

Polarity - Discussion:

I believe the stance mod slot's polarity should be (-) the Naramon Polarity. the Naramon Polarity matches the Dagger Stance Mod Homing Fang. The only current Dagger to have this polarity innately is the Rakta Dark Dagger, the four of the other five daggers have (V) Madurai, which matches Pointed Wind and Stinging Thorn.

The Jitte should also have a (V) Madurai or (D) Vazarin mod slot, this weapon is intended to be good for a Status Build, most melee status mods use one of these two polarities. I lean more toward (D) Vazarin as it is the polarity of the notable status related mods; Drifting Contact, Enduring Affliction, and Healing Return.

Appearance - Discussion

A Jitte is basically a rod with a handle and a single tine protruding from the side. Here are some images of Japanese Jitte:

The following images are examples of modern Jitte

Jitte_OH2052.jpg

jitte-jutte-luxury-model.jpg

14063776_1177675835638873_57111455812522

I will be posting images soon on my own idea of what a Jitte would look like in Warframe. These images will be posted at a later time/date.