Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Weapon Mod Use/auto Unequip/saveable Builds

jrkong

Time spent on swapping builds is becoming rather ridiculous and it gets tedious as I have to rebuild my builds over and over again. It would make much more sense if mods were automatically "unequipped" rather then remain on the gun. If you decide that you're going to take something else chances are you're going to want to use mods from your previous gun as well so why not make mods automatically unequip when you swap weapons? Even an "unequip all" button would help. Perhaps I am the only man of habit around here but I find myself remaking my builds OVER and OVER again as I am forced to break my build when swapping frames as I am forced to take apart my loadout when I switch. Some say this could be solved by acquiring another copy of the mod but the amount of resources required to obtain a level 10 Redirection(or anything above level 4 or 5) start getting rather ridiculous and a gain in convenience just doesn't justify another hundred hours of gameplay. Of course perhaps that's just me. For those of us who use situational builds would it not save time if we were able to "autobuild" those classes rather then manually do it?

I find it rather ironic nothing has been done about this considering you listened to the Foundry UI complaints. In Foundry 2.0 things got too "clicky" and it was a hassle to take a look at all your materials and requirements how is this situation any different? Food for thought as well: If it takes people using mice this long to swap everything imagine how long this process would take on a PS4 DE.

I think about this every time I play. It's not too bad, having to take off one or two mods to switch to a different weapon; but if you have eight mods on, and your squad has just voted for an Infested mission, and your build is for Grineer; you'd better be quick with your mouse. Like you said, an "unequip all" button would help a lot.

Also, if you happen to forget to take off mods on a weapon, then switch to a different one and forget what weapon had the mods; now you have to go through them all to find it. Something that tells you how many mods are on a weapon in the selection screen would help a ton. Or, maybe a way to cycle through owned weapons while in the mod screen.

Cross weapon mods would be the easy solution to mod loadout profiles. It will probably also make AP and AI a little less desireable because it'll be easier to prepare weapons for specific types of enemies and missions rather than using something that works with everything to avoid swapping mods all day.