Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option To Host Desperately Needs To Be Implemented.

ProfessorMeeseeks

Before I was pretty meh on this topic. Didn't care one way or another. Until the last match I joined. 

The host was from Canada. I brought my Frost Prime. Loaded in with the Excalibur skin with no powers or anything. It took 3 minutes to fix this. Also, enemies and team were invisible, sentinels just shot at the ground, doors did not work, elevators did not work, my Ogris had a 5 second delay AFTER I fired it, and just overall extreme lag. 

Set the ping limiter lower you say? I have it set at 100. It is not always about ping. Bandwidth plays a part as well. 

I am a good host, much better then 90% of the people who play warframe. Nobody has ever complained about any lag whatsoever. I want that option to host, not only so I am lag free, but so others don't have deal with extremely laggy hosts. 

At the very least, implement an auto detect system so it will automatically force host on the best connection player.

I have gotten to the point where I am most likely going to set my ping limiter to as low as possible and force host that way. 

This has been a complaint for quite some time DE, this really needs to be looked at and have some sort of system implemented so we can get the most out of warframe and not feel tortured when being forced into laggy games.

I agree 100% with the idea of auto detecting who has the better connection. I have joined too many games where enemies seem like they are in a slide show and I am immune to damage. I kill an enemy and it hist stands there for about 10 seconds before disheartening.

It is not always about ping. Bandwidth plays a part as well. 

The host PC is also often the bottleneck, many people barely have the processing power to play the game without hosting, as host their machine is essentially turned into a toaster.