The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ai Got Smart. Or.. [Concept] Opinions!

Azraill

TL:DR  - Allow a player to assume the role of the A.I in complete secrecy or name-concealed attempting to slow/defeat the Tenno during your everyday mission. Essentially creating "What the hell was that Moa doing?" moments to "Did the A.I actually just lock the doors, coordinate an ambush and win?" moments to make the A.I seem vastly more unpredictable, but on average, more intelligent and deadly.

These player-controlled units could have custom cosmetics, and special units within reason (no bright pink.) and at the top of the perks is this benefits everyone, those playing as the enemies and those playing against them both gain from such a system on top of the fact it's far more reasonable a system to expect from DE than a vastly more intelligent A.I

Onto the extended version:

Stripping this out of a post of mine from ages ago and making it a topic to see opinions! :D

I was thinking along the lines of how much people want PVP, and better A.I : it's a constant issue on the forums and came up with a rather decent solution (IMO). Implementing the following system that should appeal to both those that desire PVP - AND - those that desire the AI got smarter .. all with relative ease on DE's part!

Assume the role of the enemy AI (Rogue) in any match being played at random. You take control of basic grunts in the beginning, garnering experience from damaging Tenno, when you die you simply take control of another basic grunt. Down the line much like Mastery, via damage you garner new Rogue ranks which grant you access to higher tier units (Heavy gunners, for instance.) as well as unique traits - tiny boosts in stats for the units, and basic abilities to add to the challenge against the Tenno. Balancing not really required, it's not in the rogue's favor and isn't suppose to be.

So, suddenly - the AI seems to be taking cover in new positions and tactically falling back, calling in backup teams that actually stick together with the controlled unit, making attempts to trap a Tenno in a room separating the group apart, much like a L4D style the only way to succeed be to do something to this extent but if nothing else, the AI certainly would come across as more intelligent, even if it is a player making power plays.

Such a system could contain it's own Mastery ranking, cosmetics on the unit you control taking form, unique units. Right down to the point that deep into the creation of the system they could create a variety of extra content and BEST of all - all the content  devoted into such a system benefits your average player that doesn't even play this side of things, any cosmetics, mods, or whatever else they decide to place into this should of course have a restriction of lore friendly : (No bright pink Heavy gunners for example :P Sorry folks!) but what cosmetics they do eventually release could both widen the variety of unit appearances across the board as well as also make special units stand out. The real icing on the cake is it's vastly more reasonable to expect of DE than a super-intelligent A.I

So what'd I've come up with specifically is a basic Mastery layout you might see if such a system was ever implemented, though it would work without one at all.

"Rogue's are considered unpredictable, superior trained units a Tenno can expect to face on the battlefield. These rogue's unfortunately - due to the severe nature of their training - can range from so brain-damaged they've forgotten how to pull the trigger of the weapon they carry, to hyper-intelligent team players. Do not underestimate your foe."

Max rogue's by default that can join to fight against a Tenno's mission (1)

Max rogue's altogether optionally when hosting/joining becomes more developed down the road? (3) 

Rogue Rank 1:

You are allowed to cam and survey the map around the Tenno team, and select a grunt for control. The more damage you accrue the faster you level.

Rogue Rank 2:

Your units can now access terminals once every 300 seconds.

Rogue Rank 3: 

You can activate Elite status with Block key, bolstering your currently controlled unit's stats significantly.. Now your actually posing a small threat as an individual. Cooldown of 120 seconds.

Rogue Rank 4:

You are granted access to all generated units. Heavy Gunners, Ancients, ect.

Rogue Rank 5: 

You are granted access to a Rogue Arsenal menu wherein you can create a basic three man team of NPC controlled characters that can be called in to join and follow you into battle. Low tier (grunts, runners, ect) squad only, 30 second cooldown.

(More content! Squad skins)

Rogue Rank 6:

You are granted access to a low-tier boss selection that can be used once per match : per rogue in the possible case they all more than one : only one boss may exist at a time : only one boss every 200 seconds. A boss takes 15 seconds to spawn in, bosses do not benefit from Elite ability, bosses come with a warning from the lotus during the 15 second period.

Rogue Rank 7:

Your boss ability cooldowns are reduced 10%

Rogue Rank 8:

You are granted access to high tier boss selection. 

Rogue Rank 9:

You can now call in an additional higher tier 3 NPC squad once every 250 seconds. (Ancients, Heavy Gunner's, Fusion Moa's)

Rogue Rank 10:

Stalker 'Boss' unit unlocked. 

(Additional Content, new skins/effects for your controlled mob/boss.)

Rogue's gain affinity with their currently equip warframe even though it is not presently in use, but only in small amounts.

Playing in this Rogue mode is for the fun of it, or at most a .5% of a mod drop on failure, 1% on success, and no promise on if it's common or rare, it simply happens, and you simply play it because it's enjoyable. I would.

Opinions? Don't forget to upvote if you like it, and keep it in DE's sight if you think it'd be enjoyable. 

Otherwise, what don't you like? Please try to keep it constructive, thank you! :D

Edited by Azraill

Expalined in the first mention of a Rogue rank I imagined, but come to think of it I did cut out a chunk of that original post x.x.

You can cam around the Tenno and assume the role of the enemy AI. Perhaps even without being mentioned as having joined the game. <.< Edit time I suppose!

Edited by Azraill