Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guns With No Wielders

CaptainohCaptain

Yep. We have a nice Grineer shotgun "Sobek", but we have no wielder, so the only way we can know it's allegiance is DE saying it right to our faces. Guess how it's called?

The same for Spectra and Flux Rifle. We've got tones of bucketheads wielding Provas, Deras and even have confirmed wielder of full-strength Lanka (Sgt. Anyo. Funny how he is only a Sgt. and you have to advance to 7th mastery rank to craft it, but the whole thread not about it). And no Spectra/Flux at all.

Judging by description, Spectra should belong to Corpus Techs, and I think that being a towering badass guy with a huge heavy laser machine gun is not what "Tech" supposed to mean. Handing it over to Lieutenant/Elite/Guardian/whatever and leaving Techs with Spectras will add some sense, which, honestly, Warframe lack of.

As for Flux Rifle, it should be provided for some new type of corpus crewman, like "Corpus HECU" (Hazardous Environment Combat Unit, if you didn't play HL:OF). Flux Rifle acts pretty much as Ignis and, theoretically, could be used to purge ships from technocyte plague.

The Corpus Tech Frustrates me.... Some mega tough giant dude with a heavy machine gun doesn't sound like combat engineer material to me. At least I assume he's supposed to be some kind of combat engineer. Definitely a support guy at least if he's tossing drones around. 

If you look at the Formarians splash screens you can see Corpus Crewmens with Flux Rifles. I think they aren't actually using them in-game because imagine a whole group of Crewmens with 100% accurate pin-point laser rifles. People will scream bloody murder and how PUNISHING it is. Sobeks too. People are already complaining why is Hek hitting so hard and so accurately with his... Hek. Now imagine a whole platoon of Grineer marines with rapid firing medium ranged shotguns.

If you look at the Formarians splash screens you can see Corpus Crewmens with Flux Rifles. I think they aren't actually using them in-game because imagine a whole group of Crewmens with 100% accurate pin-point laser rifles. People will scream bloody murder and how PUNISHING it is. Sobeks too. People are already complaining why is Hek hitting so hard and so accurately with his... Hek. Now imagine a whole platoon of Grineer marines with rapid firing medium ranged shotguns.

While you do have a point, look at other weapon. For example, each basic Corpus Crewman armed with Dera. Still, their Dera much weaker than one that available to you.So, the other weapon in enemy hands can be nerfed. Flux posses fairly short range, cut it a bit more — and there you go, you are not able to ninja-jump on the crew with Orthos without getting shredded to pieces. But we have the same type of guy in grineer troops. As for Spectra, it can be reduced in damage but increased in range, making you actually look for cover instead of staying on plain.