The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[New Warframe Concept] Yoda - A Much Smaller Warframe

Mercurus

The Warframe doesn't need to be named Yoda but I wanted you guys to get the idea of the male Mag possibly named Polaris (like polarity), no Yodaris, or perhaps:

MAGNUS

Appearance - Stealthy looking frame, with long elven-like ears, standing between 4 and 5 feet tall. Concept art coming soon and feel free to post your own concept art for this warframe. 

1- 25 - Polarity Push - Magnus changes the polarity of his foes (in a cone) to match his own causing his enemies to scatter across the floor. (Knockdown in a cone + 50/60/75/100, ranks increase distance pushed as well), He stands in a bracing stance with both arms extended and two open hands facing his enemies.)

2- 50 - Skull Crunch - Magnus influences the magnetic fields around his nearby victims heads and applies quick pressure dealing 50/50/100/150 damage to 3/4/5/6 nearby victims. He raises open palms then clinches his fists to activate the ability.

3- 50 or 75 - Absorb - Magnus creates a magnetic funnel in front of him absorbing all incoming damage that enters the cone. (nerf - partial damage, or only certain types of damage. buff - converts a percentage of incoming damage into energy.)

Alternate 3 - Mag Shield - repels incoming damage in somewhat reflective paths, occasionally hitting enemies with their own attacks (possibly other teammates as well, oops).

4- 100 - Mag Fu - For a duration of 7/10/15/20/25 seconds, Magnus spends massive energy into his magnetic engine, causing him to fly up to 15m while simultaneously pulling and enemy into the air from an additional 15m (overall effect could be 30m). Meeting in the air, Magnus deals a bonus damage melee attack (fixed number like 25/50/75/100 + base melee damage * 2/3/4/5 on his foe while reversing the polarity of his foe sending him rocketing to the ground dealing damage (knockdown + 100/200/300/400). Magnus also is sent a little further into the air but allowed to choose a new victim from an aerial approach.

This effect would work with the "E" melee button, when ever you "E" a target enemy while the ultimate is active. The ability happens immediately so there isn't a holding down of the "E" button.

EDIT:

My inspiration for this is to make a Yoda Warframe of course. The 1st ability is clearly a force push as seen in this youtube clip 

there are also great examples here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sromTpE4OE I also like that where Mag's 1st ability pulls, Magnus' 1st ability pushes.

The 4th ability is like Yoda's light saber fighting style as seen in this youtube clip 

Yoda jumps around a lot

The 3rd ability would be like the part 5:20 in the clip above

The 2nd ability, I wanted it to be offensive as well as have a tie to the Mag ultimate with damage greatly reduced and targets the victim's head to account for the damage reduction. Where as the Mag ultimate lifts people up and crushes his/her entire body into a ball.

Edited by Mercurus

You just described, in order:

1. Banshee's Sonic Boom

2. Mag's Crush

3. Nyx's Absorb

The alternate for 3 and the Ult is the only new power in this post. The Ult, while awesome, is 99% Theatrics, 1% Useable.

I do like the Shield that reflects though......nice idea. 

I'm all for a shorter frame, but I'm not sure that DE would want another magnetism-based one. Unfortunately, they've covered a lot of the bases (Elementals, a tank, ninjas, an engineer, a healer, physical force manipulators, etc), so any new frame will need to be something significantly different.

Edited by Hipolipolopigus

You haven't seen the Gender Alternates thread I made have you? The male Mag alternate I made is named Polaris.

A shorter frame would be interesting, but it seems like one of those things where, if the size difference is too drastic, then the smaller hitbox becomes a far larger advantage, also, they'd have to create an entirely new set of animations for the smaller character using the larger weapons.

signed still, would be neat.

Zylo the Wolfbane

You just described, in order:

1. Banshee's Sonic Boom

2. Mag's Crush

3. Nyx's Absorb

The alternate for 3 and the Ult is the only new power in this post. The Ult, while awesome, is 99% Theatrics, 1% Useable.

I do like the Shield that reflects though......nice idea. 

A mixture of abilities is fine in my book, 2- is actually Nyx's psychic bolts

As for the ult the damage could be buffed to kill anything but heavy units which would require two or three attacks. Theatrics is what this games is about. Their skill and technology has reached a point where they are so good at what they do they jazz up their attacks with theatrics.

I'm all for a shorter frame, but I'm not sure that DE would want another magnetism-based one. Unfortunately, they've covered a lot of the bases (Elementals, a tank, ninjas, an engineer, a healer, physical force manipulators, etc), so any new frame will need to be something significantly different.

He doesn't even have to have magnetic abilities, just give me a Yoda-like warframe that is short and kills like a beast.

You haven't seen the Gender Alternates thread I made have you? The male Mag alternate I made is named Polaris.

A shorter frame would be interesting, but it seems like one of those things where, if the size difference is too drastic, then the smaller hitbox becomes a far larger advantage, also, they'd have to create an entirely new set of animations for the smaller character using the larger weapons.

signed still, would be neat.

Zylo the Wolfbane

I probably did hence the reference